1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gained a twich in my right eye >..<

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay this has been bothering me for a few days, but usually when im not doing anything or if im tired my right eye twitches. Its NEVER done this before, and im thinking it might be because I haven't worn my glasses or my contact lenses for about a month now. Would that cause it? In any case, im going back onto lenses this weekend.

2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ty..didn't you have something similar a little while back?

The answer then was that tiredness, stress etc can cause involuntary muscle spasms especially twitching of the eyelids (do you really mean your eye?) and sometimes the eyebrows. It's normal and usually goes away once you deal with the cause. Maybe you're straining your eyes by not wearing your glasses or contacts which in turn is causing you to get tired..

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Last time it was on my back, which I haven't had in awhile.
    I mean like the corner of my eye, the two eye lids. they contract and expand for a few seconds at a time, then i just rub my eye and it stops for awhile.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Antonio (Bromptonrocks). It's probably due to tiredness, and the slight squinting due to not wearing glasses or lenses could make it worse.

Start using glasses or lenses (especially in the evenings when you're tired, and if you're at home you could just use glasses as nobody will see you) and try to get a bit more sleep. Most likely it will clear up.

5. Jim1454

I get that sometimes just from physical tiredness - nothing to do with eye strain at all. Stress contributes to it as well. I'd suggest going to bed and getting a good night's rest.

6. KaraBulut

Sometimes there is not a clear cause of eye muscle twitching but it is believed to be related to stress or eye strain/fatigue. Usually, it goes away on its own.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What the heck? Me too! Same eye! I thought it was because I've had excessive migraines behind that eye lately. Who knows?

8. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had some eye problems, including twitching, for a while now. I've been told, firstly, I have allergies which inflame my eyes, and this causes a second problem, eye twitching. In other words, if I didn't have allergies which inflame my eyes, they probably wouldn't twitch, despite still experiencing my stresses. Yea, my optometrist said stresses of various kinds (visual, mental, etc.) cause the twitching. The twitching is my body's way of trying to deal with all the stress.

To cope with my inflammation and twitching, I was prescribed Pataday, which is eye drops. That didn't help me much, so I was later prescribed Elestat. That worked better, and I still use one drop of it in each eye twice a day. I still twitch, but not nearly as often. :slight_smile:

When my eye twitching was really bad, as in occurring multiple times every 30 seconds, my optometrist recommended me to have a "consultation" to consider getting botox. Yea, the same stuff Hollywood uses to stop wrinkles. I was told Hollywood abuses it, and for eye twitching I wouldn't need nearly as much as those people. However, before I got a chance to really consider botox, my eye twitching got under control.

9. wantout16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My eye does almost the same thing, but only when I hear or see something so unbeilevably stupid that my brain stops of a few seconds.