1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreskin

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dublin Boy, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can eating to much Bread, be the cause of getting thrush under the Foreskin?

2. Sully

I doubt it. It's a fungal infection. I think we'd hear a lot more about it if it did cause thrush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Are you worrie about yourself? What symptoms do you have?

Do you clean in, under and around your foreskin daily? It could be a build up of smegma (gross dead skin etc) and is a hygiene risk/problem.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I keep myself clean regularly, it is a problem I have been having, I am not sexually active at the moment & I am a virgin, so I know it's not sexual, sometimes there's no problem with my Foreskin & then other times it can be a little sore under my Foreskin, I sometimes have a problem pulling my Foreskin back when I am erect, but not when I am soft, I actually ended up with a slight cut, when I forced it back.

The reason I thought it might be bread, is because of the build up of yeast :slight_smile:

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lots of yeast on a guys penis might be a good thing. It might help make it rise.:badgrin:

Seriously, I think the yeast in the bread is long dead. I don't think it could survive the baking process.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha.
    Doubtful - I think that's just one of the things you have to deal w/ when uncut. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Wow, so you can force it to move around and stuff? Wow... I feel left out. :frowning2:

8. Hitch

i want a foreskin. (sad face)

9. Candace

I doubt it since it's a fungal infection. Have you gone to a doctor and/or used some kind of topical cream for under your foreskin?

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes think this, too, but too late...mine got hacked off.

Perhaps I can find one attached to a boyfriend...

11. KaraBulut

The unpleasant thing that no one really talks about is that fungus covers most of the moist areas of our bodies. It plays a role in digesting old skin cells and maintaining something of a battle with bacteria.

The fungal "yeast" in breads or fermented beverages is usually saccharomyces. What's on your skin are called dermatophytes and they aren't coming from your food. You get them from contact with the environment and animals (including other humans). Dermatophytes are different from "yeast" - usually it's a species of candida, trichophyton, epidermophyton, et al.

There are some theorists that promote the idea that we get infected with "yeast" from beers or breads, etc. That's really not supported by the science. Probably the most common culprit is the overuse of antibiotics which kills off the bacteria that complete with fungus on our skin. Next to that, sweat and heat are the next cause- summer creates a nice soup of skin cells that the fungus love to chow down upon. The foreskin makes an oily substance called sebum that mixes with sweat and dead skin to form smegma which also makes nice fungus food.

#11 KaraBulut, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not a health expert, but I'd think that anti-bacterial soaps could also be a problem here. Plain soap and water should be enough for showering/bathing.

13. KaraBulut

The funny thing is that there's some evidence that antibacterial soaps aren't as effective as they are marketed to be. The real effectiveness of soap is that it seems to facilitate detachment of dead skin, oils, bacteria and other things from the surface of the skin. The most effective part of washing is friction and rubbing of the skin, so soap is just making the process of washing more effective.

14. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, soap removes the dead skin.

The best thing to do is to just use soap and dry well.

Also, the yeast in bread is long dead and has nothing to do with a yeast infection.

15. Convoy

I've had moisture issues occasionally that can cause some nasty bacteria to build up under there even when being 'clean' and washing with soap and stuff.

As it was said above moisture and heat play an important part in devolving bacteria down there so if you've been pretty cooped up for a while you might want to consider getting more air down there, as odd as that may sound. (I'm not advising public nudity.).

Usually after airing out a bit ('correcting' humidity conditions') and washing regularly things clear up pretty quick. Just one of those things we've got to deal with.

Occasionally you might get an actual infection from things like swimming in pools, compromised immune system, etc and that should probably be treated if just normal cleaning doesn't resolve it in a timely manner.

Hey your European, don't y'all men wear kilts in that part of the world :lol:.

16. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys, I guess that rules out bread then :slight_smile: I will look at creams again, I noticed that all the creams I have seen for Thrush are fore Women only, are there any for Men?

Convoy, that's Scotland where they wear Kilts Lol

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks KaraBulut very much appreciated :slight_smile:

18. Hitch

Nope not too late. well, you can't ever get the original back, but something close. I've decided to restore. Long, long, process.

19. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Yeah foreskin restoration takes forever and in the end all you get is an imitation foreskin. Better than nothing I guess. What methods do you use? I've been doing restoration for over a year now.

But such a tremendous waste of time and effort and money to get back what should never have been stolen from us in the first place by that evil sadistic disgusting horrible torture known as 'circumcision', which will hopefully be made illegal soon.

Even people who have problems with their foreskins should be grateful they still at least have them in the first place!

20. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I don't have a foreskin :frowning2: And don't really want to go through restoration only to have an imitation one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.