1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nail Biting...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rainbow Music, May 19, 2013.

1. Rainbow Music

I have this really bad habit of biting my nails. I bite them so much and so hard, that they bleed and hurt. I really need to stop, because my nails are getting ruined, plus I work as a cook so it is extremely unsanitary. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can stop.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just slowly start realizing when you're doing it and tell yourself to stop.
    You'll get there eventually. How do you think most of us stopped picking our noses?

Just takes time and effort.

3. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same habit, and I came to realize that I do it for very specific reasons, eg when I have too much work to do etc. I haven't managed to stop it by disciplining myself, and I doubt I will ever manage to that way. But whenever I get away from the aforesaid reasons, like during vacations, I effortlessly stop biting my nails. I don't even think about stopping, it just happens. Maybe you have the same problem, so I suggest observing what you are thinking or doing and what emotional state you are in when you are biting you nails. And if you notice something in common for all the times you observe yourself, then you should try getting rid of that first.

By the way, I never stopped picking my nose, I just stopped picking it in public. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 Rice and Pepper, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  4. DelFelidae

That's basically how I got over it...Now I pick at my lips until they bleed instead.:icon_sad:

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Trust me, I bite my nails a lot, but they don't bleed. They hurt sometimes, but when they start bleeding i would take it as a sign to stop.