1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping hemorrhoids at bay

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rice and Pepper, May 20, 2013.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a hemorrhoid that I just can't deal with. It doesn't ache, but I think it is getting bigger. What should I do? If this keeps up, I won't be able to have anal sex, at least not without it hurting. And anal sex will make my hemorrhoid even worse anyway. Whenever I bath, I wash my anus with cold water, but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Is there something wrong with the way I sit? Should I not stay too much on the toilet? In general I am constipated and I think that makes things more difficult for me. Can you suggest anything about that? And in case I get my first experience of anal sex, what should I look out for?

2. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Look at your lifestyle, are you overweight or do you get enough excercise? What about fibre/salt intake?

If it won't go away and does not ache are you sure it is a hemorrhoid rather the left overs (a skin tag)? I have the latter that I am awaiting it's removal, pretty awful to look at but otherwise harmless.

Best advice is to see your doctor and see what they say, embarrasing yes but it is nothing they have not seen before. Mine referred me at a colorectal surgeon who was brief but said that they would get it cut out for me. In relation to the bum sex then a couple more months free from it won't hurt me considering I have had 20 odd years so far without it.

3. adhawk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A doctor is best to consult with. But you can use some over the counter products. Basically anything with witch hazel in it (ie:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:reperation h) It will shrink the hemorrhoid down some and in some cases small enough to go away. I would Wikipedia it and try to determine if its Internal or external. I willing to guess its external their the most obvious. Diet is key you need a healthy diet to have healthy bowels try to improve your diet if at all possible and increase your fiber. I find it best to hold off as long as you can on bowel movements so when you go there's not much strain. And definitely avoid sitting on the toilet for extended periods that is a great way to make it worse or get more. Good luck and they aren't the end of the world many many people have had or have one.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anusol Suppositories are supposed to be good for Hemorrhoids, I sometimes get a Anal Fissure, this worries me, I haven't had Anal Sex yet & it scares me that I will bleed when I decide to lose my Virginity & it will be painful, it does worry me, so I know where you are coming from :slight_smile:

5. KaraBulut

What have you done so far to treat it? By the way, we recommend soaking in a tub of hot water. Cold water doesn't seem to help "uncongest" the hemorrhoid.

6. scruffy_guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eat a lot of fibre, and don't push really hard when you go to the bathroom. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less bread / wheat or meat.

If you have to strain to have a bowel movement, just get up and go later when it will come easily.

7. Foxface

I would see a doctor. Meanwhile, you can try a sitz bath. Get warm water in the bath, drop some epsom salts in and sit down and spread. Sit for a while to ease pain and inflammation. Then I would get external cream to help relax the hemorrhoid.

good luck

Foxface