1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happens?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LesbianKitten, May 20, 2013.

1. LesbianKitten

I am considering taking testosterone in my transition from male to female, but I don't know exactly what it would do to me, and what about getting bottom surgery, would it work, or can it be too risky or dangerous? :confused:

2. Your voice would get deeper, you would start to grow facial hair and it might help you gain in muscle mass. Not sure about the muscle, but definitely expect your sex drive to increase a lot. There's a good reason guys get accused of always thinking about sex or something sexual.

3. KingdomKeyDK

That is the truth.

4. DelFelidae

Have you looked up the effects that T has had on other guys on youtube? I find it useful just to see roughly what happens. Although, remember it completely depends on you, so, your mileage my vary. Don't assume you'll get the same results, but I think it gives a rough idea.

5. KaraBulut

Not sure if that is a Freudian slip or not...

Testosterone therapy doesn't have as many complications as female hormones but the effects are not as reversible. If you've seen boys go through puberty, it's very much like that at first- cracking voice, increased body hair/facial hair, acne, emotional changes, etc.

For people who have gender identity disorder, the changes are welcomed but it's not something to be undertaken lightly. You should be sure and working with a therapist can help you make that determination.