1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

double vision?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ashweewoohoo, May 22, 2013.

1. ashweewoohoo

ashweewoohoo Guest

I'm getting concerned. In the past I've had this problem, and it hasn't occurred in months. When I get either super tired or really stressed out I start seeing funny. It's never been really bad. Most of the time just pretty blurry but I can just blink a bunch and it gets better, enough so I can go back to doing whatever I gotta do. Today however, I went to go home from work and I was completely seeing double. I got in my car and gave myself a few minutes and it got a little better. Still worse than I've dealt with before.

I've been sleeping, but I don't think well. I've been depressed the past few days. I just had an amazing girl leave me. And a number of other problems. So I doubt I've been sleeping well. I'm just concerned about this whole thing. I'm pretty sure its all stress and lack of good sleep. But I'm not sure anymore...I just want some opinions on what to do...any help would be great.

2. TraceElement

Do you have an astigmatism or diabetes? Both can cause blurriness at times.

3. ashweewoohoo

ashweewoohoo Guest

I have a slight astigmatism in both eyes, no diabetes. I may have to just talk to my eye doctor next time I go in. Thank you!

4. TraceElement

You're welcome.

5. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also have double vision when very tired. In my case it's due to one eye being turned slightly inward, sort of like crossed eyes. I can compensate for it most of the time, but when very tired I can't. Also, my eyes tend to dry out and that makes things a little blurry. Both problems are temporarily relieved by blinking.

For me, the double vision isn't blurry - it's just two of things because my eyes are not coordinated.

I go to an opthalmologist, not an optometrist, for this.