1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about waxing legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bethpurple, May 27, 2013.

1. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've tried shaving my legs twice, and I love how they look and feel when smooth. The problem is that it grows back to stubble after only a day or two, and both times it gave me really bad razor burn, so bad that I gave up and just let the hair grow back.

I want to try waxing, using something I can buy at walmart or whatever, but I have a few questions I'd like help with.
    1) Is it safe to wax regularly?
    2) How long does it stay completely smooth?
    3) I don't care about the pain while doing it, but is there any chance of it messing up my skin/causing pain afterwards, like the razor burn?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Just Jess

3) and 1), if you're allergic to the wax like me, you'll break out in hives. It's best to test it on a small strip. Otherwise you have the same risk of ingrown hairs that you do with shaving.

2) about 3 weeks

I tried to (yeouch) epilate my legs the other day. Don't do this. But if you ignore that advice, the best thing I've found with both epilating and shaving is to get a lot of steam in the bathroom to open up your pores, and then to run cold water over them to close your pores when you're done.

Also if you do end up getting any skin problems, you can make a dirt cheap but stinky toner with one part vinegar and 3 parts water.

3. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I don't shave my legs since I got lazy, but I watched a documentary on TV about waxing and they say the hairs don't grow for 3-4 weeks, though it does depend how quick your hair grows. It's different for everybody. I don't know anything else though, sorry!