1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stopping "shark week" and more.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Daydreamer1, May 27, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I asked this elsewhere, but I want a second opinion.

So I came out to my GP as trans and thankfully he's cool with all of it. I told him that "shark week" makes me depressed and suicidal. I forgot what he said but I have an appointment in July to see someone. I was wondering how I should prepare for the gyno. This will be my first time going and I don't know what to say or to expect considering I'm only 19 and I heard they won't do some things because of my age.

Does anyone have advice? Should I just tell the doctor straight up that I'm trans?

- AJ

Also; I know T will stop "shark week" completely. But currently, I'm a basket case with a lot of issues going on as some of you are aware of. I was released from a psyche unit almost two weeks ago and I still struggle day to day with bouts of suicidal ideation and thoughts, major depression, general anxiety and possibly bipolar disorder that I'm on medication for. I was told that due to my mental status currently, T will be out of the question until I get my shit together. One person said T might have positive effects and stop those problems all together, but what do I know?

BQ: How should I go about mentioning T to my therapist? It's on my mind a lot and I'd love to be on it and get my name changed ASAP.

Again, any advice would be awesome.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's 'shark week'?

3. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Menstrual cycle, more commonly known as a 'period' where blood rushes (or flows smoothly, depending) from the vagina for 3-7 days. :3

I think. My gf calls it 'dragon week.'

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, well, have you tried birth control pills?

5. Hexagon

T stopped many of my problems. I was just in a permanent state of depression until I took it. I think its ridiculous to stop someone from taking T because of difficulties when it could solve the damn things.

If you feel T may help with your issues, then pretend to get better. Just start working through your issues with the therapist and fake the odd recovery until they okay you for T.

*hugs* Its really hard, I know.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's going to be tough since I relapsed and was sent back to the ward for six days.