1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calluses on foot?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spurned, May 27, 2013.

1. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I realised I had hardened blisters - aka, calluses - a few months ago after wearing my black Doc Martens for a few months. I had to start wearing two pairs of socks to fit into them right. There's one on the left side of my big toe on my left foot (if that makes sense) and another appears to be appearing further down.

Pictures (sorry for the bad quality):
    http://i.imgur.com/YhEGJbC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cCPxhy7.jpg

They look slightly yellow tinged and also they go slightly... transparent? And it's not usual that they do that, it happens rarely. Is this a normal thing for them to do? They usually just stay skin coloured and not like a Simpsons-skin sort of colour. Also, is there any way to get rid of them? I assume not but I already have the widest feet possible and if the one further down "grows" (can they grow?) anymore, it could be a little difficult.

They're also definitely not blisters because they're not poppable and it's rough skin that sometimes peels away, like dry skin. Just slightly tougher.

I haven't got any blisters anywhere else since wearing my Docs so far (about a year or two), though they are the only shoes I have that fit.

Thanks in advance! :icon_bigg

EDIT: Also not painful when touched or pressed on!

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That happens to my feet all the time, especially on my big toe. I've found Flexitol Heel Balm works wonders, and it also works wonders when my elbows get dried out. Right now I have Gold Bond Foot Cream, (bought it because they were out of Heel Balm, and the pharmacist recommended it as a substitute) and it works OK, but not quite as well as the Flexitol. Looking at the Flexitol site, it looks like this is available in the UK, and countries that England colonized.

#2 confuzzled82, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Looks just like my hands from lifting =P

I would think it is your toe rubbing up against the shoe the wrong way. Perhaps they do not fit right or you need some sort of special padding inside ect.

4. Candace

Use some Aveeno lotion and put a cloth of cool water on it. It does wonders :slight_smile:

5. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Yeah, they were blisters that I didn't notice a while ago but they just hardened up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This happened months ago but they can get annoying sometimes

6. KaraBulut

What the picture shows is a corn/callus. The first thing to do is use a corn paid to prevent future friction on the area.

There are some commercial corn pads that contain salicylic acid that, with moisturizer, can help soften and thin the callused area. If this doesn't result in thinning and lightening of the area, then a podiatrist can shave the area with a tool that will remove the excess skin.