1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

born this way?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zak, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

Hey peepels! I was just wondering, are you born circumsized or are you not? I think the doctor does it right?...I have no clue....do you guys know?

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Circumcision is a medical procedure. Nobody is born circumcised.

3. KaraBulut

All males are born uncircumcized with a foreskin. The foreskin is trimmed during the circumcision procedure.

In Christian boys, circumcision is a parental choice. It is usually done within the first 3 days after birth usually at the hospital or occasionally in the doctors office.

In Jewish boys, it is a religious tradition that is mandatory. It is done on the 8th day after the baby is born in a ceremony that is attended my family and close friends. The ceremony is called a brit milah or a bris.

In Islam, boys are circumcised before puberty, somewhere between ages 7-12 when they start saying their first prayers. It's considered part of tahara which is a set of ritual cleanliness that Muslims must adhere to before they pray. The boy is circumcised usually at a doctor's office or a clinic. Afterward there is usually a brief ceremony attended by family.

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some cases where boys are born without a foreskin (I don't remember the medical name for that, but I've read about it). However, those cases are extremely rare. Usually the foreskin is removed like KaraBulut said.

Personally I wouldn't like to have mine cut off. Ouch!!!!