1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden pain in left testicle.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Stridenttube, May 30, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

So I've had intermittent groin pain for the last month and a half but I figured it was just a muscle ache since I have back muscle problems. Now I have pain in my left testicle, it's not super bad but it's enough to keep me awake. I can't get my mom to take me to the doctor because she thinks I'm overreacting and it's nothing. Should I be concerned?

2. TraceElement

If you are concerned about it, get it checked. What's the worst they can say? Good job coming in to get it checked and the diagnosis is whatever and we can fix it, or you are fine and good job being aware of possible things that can potentially be life altering?

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, get it checked, my Mom always said " if you have a pain that is capable of waking you up, see a Doctor" plus Cancer of the testicles, also known as testicular cancer, is one of the less common cancers. It usually affects younger men between the ages of 15 and 44.

You should be checking your Balls on a regular basis for lumps, especially when you take a shower or have a bath, by getting to know your Balls & how they feel, you will soon know if there is a difference.

Do you check your yourself, this video should help you :slight_smile:

Embarrassing Bodies Testicular Cancer Check - long version on Vimeo

4. Sully

No offense but you're 19...take yourself to the doctor?

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend was diagnosed with testicular cancer last year and I will always stress people to have any weird feeling or pain in that area checked out cause it is a cancer that is easy to cure when you catch it early, but with a high mortality rate when you wait to long cause it spreads very quickly and can go to the brain.

Most guys just wait way to long. Could be nothing, but it could also be something that needs treatment straight away.

You are not overreacting. Could be anything but it is uncomfortable to YOU and that is reason enough.

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

It's two months too long??? I don't have my own health insurance so either my mom or dad has to go with me to deal with that...

7. Is this pain still there after masturbation? This may seem odd, because I've always had huge problems with groin pain that might last for a day or more if I didn't masturbate. So it turns out I have to do this at least like every other day or every two days, because I have NO TOLERANCE :bang: for pain in that area..

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the responses above, this needs to be checked out as soon as possible, easy thing to "fix" (for lack of a better word) if caught early.

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Well I'm going Monday. I just hope I didn't wait to long. :bang:

10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good Call, Well Done (*hug*)

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You probably didn't wait too long, best of luck!

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do not know what is too long exactly, but going to see a doctor NOW is better than waiting even longer, right?

Quote from a cancer site:

Cancer is one possible cause of testicular symptoms, but more often these symptoms are caused by infection, injury, or something else. It is important to see a doctor about any changes you notice in your testicles as soon as possible. This way the cause can be found and treated, if needed. Other conditions (besides cancer) that affect the testicles can still be serious and need to be treated.

Let us know how things went.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If this Video Link saves just 1 life, then that would be amazing :icon_bigg

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting video, Dublin Boy. I did some research, and I gather it's from a TV show. Is this something they actually would broadcast in the UK? Or is this clip likely to be web only?

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Both, it was shown on UK TV & also on the Medical Website!
    It is important that Men know how to do this & on a regular basis, it can save your life :slight_smile:

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Amazing--at least to me. You'd never see that video broadcast on TV in the US. You probably wouldn't see it on a major medical website either. In the US, you're lucky to get a poorly drawn drawing of the relevant parts. God forbid that anyone should actually see real, live body parts involved...

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Woman in the clip is a proper qualified Doctor, as are all the doctors on the show, they even have a live link into the show, where members of the public use their webcams to show the Doctors Live, what problems they have & the Doctors give a diagnosis live on air.

18. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not quibbling with the medical value of that video clip. Just pointing out that, qualified doctor or not--even US Surgeon General--all you'd see on this side of the pond is a line drawing.

Quite refreshing to see other parts of the world are more broad minded.

19. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I suppose that's one of the good things about the UK & Ireland, there not to shy to tackle serious issues head on :slight_smile:

I am glad you found the video clip so informative :thumbsup:

20. KaraBulut

Just so that you will know, because you are over age 18, you do not need your parent's consent for treatment as long as you agree to be financially responsible for the amounts not covered by your insurance.

All you need is the insurance card to give to the person doing the registration. You are legally able to sign your own consent for treatment and to sign the agreement for financial responsibility. So, please do not allow the insurance issue to stop you from going to the doctor in the future.