1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be vain of me to get a fake testicle

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, May 31, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Er yeah,

I was only born with the one (Defiantly one, they opened me up when I was six to try and find it, terrified me from medical people for life) and well I feel embarrassed by it. I want to get a fake one implanted would that be vain of me? I know by bf doesn't care but I still feel daft with it

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No! That's not vain at all! If it would make you feel more comfortable then you should go for it. :grin:

3. The Dude

If you feel it would make you feel better about yourself than go for it! Absolutely not vain.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's your call at the end of the day dude, it's what you want, it's good that your bf doesn't mind, but it's your opinion that is the most important one, if a fake testicle would make you feel better about yourself, then go for it, if it doesn't bother you having the one testicle, then leave it as it is, unless you are planning on being a Male Stripper, then it's only you & the guy you are with that will see you without your clothes on & at the end of the day, it doesn't make you any less a Man (*hug*)

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends had a freak accident in high school. He was playing volleyball with loose shorts and no underwear and somehow managed to twist one of his testicles. Long story short, the blood flow was cut off for too long, the testicle turned gangrenous and he had to have it amputated.

He got a prosthetic testicle (it wasn't even discussed, just something the doctors said they normally did). He was really open about what happened to him and showed some of us. It's indistinguishable from his real testicle and you can't see the incision where they put it in, either. He basically said it saved explanation when he was with someone, though he always told his intimate partners after he'd known them for a little while.

I'd say there's no reason not to do it. Many people are uncomfortable enough about their genitals without having to worry that yours are different from other people's... so I'd say go for it.

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriends´testicle was taken out because of cancer and they put a saline prosthetic implant in straight away through the same canal (incision in the loin).
    He couldn´t live with the thought of having to go on with just one...
    As Chip says, you can´t see the difference.

I´d go for it if it makes you feel better.

7. Dalmatian

If it would make you feel better, who cares if it's vain or not (and it's not). Of course, you shouldn't feel bad about it to start with, but I'm not going to bore you with that now. However, have you thought about what it might feel like? In contrast to these stories about people who had a prosthetic testicle implanted at the same time when their real one was removed, you are used to not having another one dangling around. I'm just thinking, maybe it would be physically uncomfortable for you. It's not the same, of course, but try putting something in your pants. It's in the way, you know?

8. Hexagon

Do it! I'm hardly one to argue with making your body right.

9. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well,if it makes you feel better,because i'm shure 96% of people would not mind ...

10. KaraBulut

Usually, in the case of undescended testes, they will wait until after puberty to offer the option of getting a permanent implant because they want to wait until the remaining testis has reached full size. In some cases, they will put in a saline implant during puberty since saline implants can be injected with additional saline to increase the size as the teenager continues to grow.

Since you are 23, you are at an age where you can get an implant if that is what you want to do.

#10 KaraBulut, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  11. leice

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would get too bothered by that. Pretty sure most people wouldn't either. Go for it if it makes you feel better :slight_smile:

12. Beware Of You

Its not undescended as such, it doesn't exist. When I was six they even cut me open to try and find it. The experience has made me terrified of hospitals for life (since I came around in Pre-Op by accident, and there were a load of doctors and surgeons in masks which is terrifying to a little kid)

I was never given the option during puberty, I asked my parents and they said that I had other stuff to deal with at the time so they never told me about it.

I am kinda resentful, I never knew why I went to hospital at the time, why my pee was blood red for like a week after I actually became scared of the toilet for a while I think it was a pointless operation (well I actually had 3, twice at my local but they didn't know what to so so sent me to the big children's hospital) , and yet they never told me when I got older, I only knew something was wrong when I did sex ed at 12 and saw what a normal ballsack looked like. I then ran home thinking that I had cancer or something.

They guys I have slept with have never said a thing, but thats because I tell them before they get my pants off, I worry it would get awkward if they went "Where is your other testicle" when we are intimate

#12 Beware Of You, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  13. Rexmond

Of course it wouldn't be vain. You've been given good enough advice from the looks of things, so if you're still willing to go for it, then by all means! :slight_smile:

14. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Go ahead, do what makes you happy :grin: