1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is regular sex healthy

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, May 31, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I mean its normal right for a 23 year old to have regular sex. I was just told that it is dangerous, is there any logic to that?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, regular (safe) sex is very healthy! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Only if you don't take any precautions Lol otherwise I would think that regular sex would be healthy for you :slight_smile:

Not that I get any :frowning2:

4. YellowBird

YellowBird Guest

There really isn't any logic to thinking that having regular sex is unhealthy, unless you do not use protection or have multiple (and I mean more than about 5 in three months) partners, you could be at risk for an STI/STD.
    Otherwise, having sex regularly is considered more healthy than not. In fact, there are quite a few sources that actually recommend it and a lot of it at that. heh.

#4 YellowBird, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  5. Beware Of You

Even for the bottom ? (Me)

6. YellowBird

YellowBird Guest

I stole this from another site but I think it's pretty spot-on if you're worried about getting "worn out"

"I think too often we think of bodily processes as machinery, which is a weak metaphor. Your sphincter isn't an elastic band that's gonna get stretched out...your ass has no "mean time before failure" date.

As others have said, it depends how you use it. To be gross, a dick isn't that much bigger than a dump, and your butt was made to deliver those for a lifetime."

7. Incognito10

I've heard quite the opposite. Regular sex is healthy as it has psychological benefits (i.e. intimacy and bonding); physical benefits by releasing endorphins and burning calories; regular ejaculation--so I've heard decreases a mans chances of prostate cancer.

As far as being a "bottom," I would assume you're safe as long as you're having safe sex (i.e. condoms, lube, or if you're in a committed relationship and not using condoms, at least get tested regularly just to be sure). If your concern is something else, remember the anus is sphincter that is a muscle that is designed to withstand "other stuff," so a penis is fine. :slight_smile:

8. June Cleaver

YES! I am about to be 41yo and I have bottomed thousands of times for my partners over the years with no problems. I clean with water before sex thuroughly first always. I know on here that is thought of as bad, but over 20 years I have done it with no problem and my partners love it clean! My partner is rather, well, big! We have some pretty passionant sex every night at the minimum for anal, and sometimes in the morning when we wake, he wants more than head, so many days I get anal twice in a day from him and everything is just fine and tight back there. So have all the bottom sex you want, and only do it with condoms unless you are in a comitted relationship and both are tested regulairly. We do not use them, but I did not put out fully until the testing was done. Have some good clean fun!!!! June

9. robclem21

Hillariously put.