1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back & Shoulder hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Incognito10, May 31, 2013.

1. Incognito10

I have a hairy body, which i am generally okay with; however, society tends to apply the "eww" factor to back and shoulder hair on a guy. I am about to go swimming and I really don't feel like shaving it, plus it's too hard to reach and then grows back with the even more unsightly stubble. Does anyone else have this and just go with it...I am mean sport it without worrying about all the hassle of removal?

2. tmhjdg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same problem. I'm generally lazy and I find shaving it difficult. I don't have the best body anyway, so I rarely put myself in a position where I'd "sport it." Occasionally my very unhairy boyfriend gets fed up and shaves it for me just because.

Depends on how comfortable you are with the rest of your body, really. If you feel like you'd be really self-conscious and won't enjoy yourself, try removing it this time. For me, I think I'm at the point now where I just don't give a shit what other guys think because I'm happy. If you're at that point too, don't bother removing it. Just do what feels best this one time and don't hold yourself to it unless you enjoy having it/not having it.

3. AKTodd

Don't forget that some of us really like hairy guys, including hairy backs and shoulders. My partner has both of these and was the first guy I was ever with who did. And I find it very attractive and wouldn't want him to shave it.

So while there may be guys going 'eew w', there may also be guys trying not to be obvious about how much they are checking you out and drooling...

I'd say be comfortable in your natural state and confident in yourself and you'll find guys who like you that way.

My 2c worth.

Todd

4. Beware Of You

I have it al off, planning to use some nair to get rid of them for longer

5. Mrcake

Trim it at least to the best of your ability, you can use nair for complete removal. People don't want to see hairiness, especially if you are swimming. A gross thought, but if you are swimming in a pool, some of your hair will come off and that is hair swimming around in the pool.

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That ^.^

In terms of what you'd like for yourself - well, for me it's hard to get out of my mind the notion of saying "f you" to society and simply looking how you'd like to look.

In which case it comes down to what you want, not what a "society" deems appropriate. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, rock it bro.

Or to put the sentiment far more eloquently (if I may steal from again):
    :thumbsup:

7. KaraBulut

During the summer, a lot of guys with back and shoulder hair will go to a salon for waxing. The waxing isn't a lot of fun but it will last longer than shaving and doesn't produce the stubble effect that shaving does.

If it bothers you and you want a more permanent solution, you can have permanent removal via laser treatments. A large area like the back and shoulders can be expensive though.

8. Incognito10

You can't exactly "trim" back and should hair. It will still be present; so if you find it "gross," you will still find it "gross" because it's still going to be there, just shorter. Also, it seems impossible to trim back hair. I can't imagine reaching back there with scissors or even an electric razor.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:33 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice. It sounds much easier. Also, I wasn't aware waxing doesn't produce the stubble effect, as I find the stubble that grows back more unsightly than the actual hair.

And just an update, I decided to be comfortable with it. I am comfortable with all my other body hair, so I might as well be comfortable with back hair as well. In fact, I went and got a massage yesterday and didn't bother to shave first. The message therapist was fine with it and said she has many male clients.