1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Might Be Addicted to Weed?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by vhrebels, Jun 1, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey. So, recently I found a really cool Church and I'm really getting into Jesus and stuff like that. I feel like I should quit smoking weed, because Christians apparently arn't supposed to smoke or do anything like that. The only problem is, I think I might be addicted to it. A few hours ago I blazed up some prime kush, and I've been high for the last little bit. I left my stash out there and decided I would quit, but I really feel like going and getting it back or buying some more or toking up with friends for free. I wish I didn't want to keep smoking, but I just feel like getting stoned alot. How can I attempt to not purchase marijuana anymore, and how can I break the urges to do so? I'm sorry if this has been incomprehensible, but I really can't think too clearly right now.

2. Hexagon

I'm hardly an expert on these things. I've never been addicted to a substance before, to my knowledge. I did hear a potentially useful piece of advice from someone who's gotten over addiction. A large component of getting over an addiction is in the mind, and it has to do with the way you view yourself. You are not an addict. You are an ex-weed user.

I hope that helps. If not, try playing videogames.

3. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weed is less addictive than coffee. It's a psychological addiction you have, not physical. That makes it a lot easier to quit. Bottom line, although you feel like it that does not mean you need it. Delete your dealer(s) numbers and just try to keep the reason for you quitting in mind. A couple years ago I went from lighting up every day to stopping cold turkey for over a year. It can definitely be done, it just takes a lot of willpower on your part.

4. KnownSecret

No matter how addicted you feel you are to weed, if you needed to quit you would easily be able to. It wouldn't be as hard as quitting smoking cigarettes or any other drug rehabilitation. Just figure out why you want to smoke or when u usually smoke and try and find ways to make it so you can enjoy your day differently. But no matter what quitting shouldn't really be that difficult since marijuana is really not that addictive of a substance, you may not be addicted to the marijuana but addicted to the euphoric feeling that marijuana gives. So maybe you have some stress or things that are pulling you back to the marijuana?

~Zack~

#4 KnownSecret, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  5. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I completely agree with catoptriclenses. Simply delete your dealer's number. Stop hanging around with people who smoke it frequently and encourage you to smoke it. That's the easiest way to stop.

6. Mrcake

Like catop said, smoking weed is a psychological addiction. You can quit easily and go cold turkey without suffering any withdrawals or consequences. Hang around better people and try doing other things such as working out, making music, or playing games. It may seem hard to stop, but you can do it easily if you put your mind to it.

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loss a really good friend because I decided to get sober. For one, you cannot get a job if you're going to drop dirty, so that's more of a reason to quit. I used to smoke like crazy myself, mainly to deal with stress. Everyone has their vice, so if you have a difficult time trying to quit the first time, don't be too hard on yourself.

If maybe be difficult to say no, especially if you're going to continue hanging out with friends who smoke. Saying no is so empowering, you may even inspire some of your friends to quit. Just take things one day at a time and good luck.

#7 pinklov3ly, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013