1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

awkward question...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by josh9623, Jun 3, 2013.

1. josh9623

so, when i was about 11 years old i had a surgery for an un-descended testicle. however after everything healed and the stitches are gone the testicle that was the reason for the surgery is stuck to my scrotum. i don't know if it is actually harmful but it bothers me as well as the scars from the surgery, but mainly the former. so is there anything that can be done to separate it without causing damage or making more potentially worse scars down there?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe when they brought the Undescended Testicle down into the area & closed the gap off, to stop the Testicle Undescending again, the space was big enough for your Testicle when you was 11 years old, but not big enough when your Testicle grew during puberty & now that you are 16 years old, your testicle is too big for the space & you cannot maneuver it with your fingers & this makes it feel like the Testicle is stuck to your Scrotum, if that makes any sense :slight_smile:

3. josh9623

dublin boy, yes it makes sense, but i don't think that's it. it will move but part of it is actually stuck to the scrotum. the skin will move around it except for that one spot.

4. KaraBulut

You would need to consult with a urologist to determine why this happened. In general, the scarring from this type of surgery is more likely to be around the spermatic cord and the inguinal canal. To have scarring around the testis or the tunica vaginalis is less common, so you would need to have a surgeon do an examination and discuss the options with you.

5. LiveLaughTrans

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Normally when the Urologist does this type of surgery, called an Orchiopexy. They usually would fix the testicle to the side of the scrotum. You could contact your Urologist, and possibly have the option to have it freed, but with that doing there is a high risk of loosing the single testicle in all. You can perfectly live with only one.

The surgery is normally accounted for emergency surgery. The testicle would be removed along with a little part of the attached scrotum skin. The scrotum would then be stuffed with gauze and left open for healing inside out. But you would be looking at a week or so in a hospital bed if you had opted for that option.

6. tsgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found this interesting as I was born with the condition (tunica vaginalis). It was surgically corrected after birth but knew I was TG from a very young age. Now 51 I am on HRT and due to have GRS some time later this year 2014. I also found several articles on the web about test's that were done on the brains of M2F trans men and it was discovered that a wash over of the testosterone in the developmental stage of the brain occurs which causes the brain to develop with longer receptors as in a female brain. This would explain why so many M2F's as my self too grow up feeling like they are in the wrong body! Just google (brain development in male to female transgender males)