1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeth..

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Awkward Balloon, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Awkward Balloon

Friday night, I was punched in the face and my four top teeth (incisors I believe) are all very loose. One of my two front teeth was knocked back and practically fell out. I have seen a dentist who had to push the tooth back into place, and she told me that the looseness should lessen in a few weeks.
    She also told me that my tooth might be dead after she tested for life.

My tooth still feels extremely loose and I'm pretty sure it is about to fall out. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do that might help this? I know there is nothing that can stop it from falling if there is no root keeping it in place, but I really don't want to loose a tooth at this age :icon_sad:

2. charmander

This'll Sound Really Silly but Maybe eat Softer foods, try not to Wriggle You're Teeth, That'll just Slow the process

3. Awkward Balloon

I've been managing to survive on much ice cream, noodles and water.
    It's very hard not to move the teeth though, as they're moving into crooked positions and I can't let them heal like that.. :S

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A quote from searching this on Google.

"Mild injuries can often be repaired with a splint or by using orthodontic appliances. Some cases will require repair or replacement of the surrounding gum tissue. In serious cases, the tooth may be removed and replanted."

Even if the tooth does end up falling out, it can be replaced. If it needs to be replaced, then the person who punched you should pay the bill. Just continue eating soft foods, and your tooth should heal back into place. I have a friend who got her tooth knocked loose, and within about 2 weeks, it became tight again.

I hope everything goes well for you.

5. KaraBulut

Dentists (or orthodonists) can temporarily splint the tooth in place with a a device similar to conventional braces. This allows the structures that hold the teeth in place to regenerate. The fact that your dentist didn't do this makes me wonder if she is not too concerned with the looseness of the teeth?

You may either want to call the dentist and tell her that the teeth are loose or you may want to get a second opinion.