1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left leg hurting.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Jun 7, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so today Me and my friend left school campus to go to this gas station named QT (quick trip) and we had to walk a pretty good distance. We had to run across the road a number of time and All the sudden my Left hip started to hurt, Usually, when I walk a good distance, My Hip starts to kind of give out as in hurt. It was like a uncomfortableness...like it wasn't a pain....but it was like....i dont know how to explain but my hip started to hurt in a way and we kept walking and crossing streets and we rested for an hour or 2 then walked around then went to the movie theater
    (again crossing streets) and In the end....I looked it up, and i walked a total of 18 miles and so near the end, I went to my friend raven's house and I rested there for 30 min and finally I walked 1/2 to 1 mile to my house and my Left leg was just aching with pain....I was about dragging it and I ended up getting caught in the rain.....and I would have ran but I didn't feel like it and plus my left leg was hurting so finally I got home and by the time, I got home...I was limping and I've been in bed but Whenever I get up and Move around...It's just my Left leg that hurts.

I'm right handed. My right leg isn't hurting at all.

I can't barely walk because it hurts so bad. I took some aspirin but its not helping.
    Right now, There is a throbbing/ random stabbing pain that comes and goes in my left leg

Why in the heck does my left hurt so bad and not my right?
    My dad says its because I'm out of shape.

2. LD579

I don't know why it'd be hurting. If aspirin isn't helping, I suggest that you go to a doctor to see what possible causes there are, and what possible things you could do to treat it are.

Really, it sounds like this is affecting you quite a bit, and so it would be best to see a doctor. I hope everything turns out nicely. I doubt it is because you are out of shape, based on what you've said.

3. MerBear

I mean, Its not your typical aspirin though. Its chewable aspirin. I took like 5

4. LD579

Er, okay. I still think you should see a doctor. I've never heard of chewable aspirin before.

Make sure that you abide by the directions on consuming medicine. Never take more than what is cautioned, and if you do take more, carefully monitor yourself, and if you feel as though you get worse or feel sick, go to a hospital.

Please abide by what I've written in bold. I hope you feel better =)

5. TraceElement

For an average person, 18 miles is a decent hike. It could just be your stride is a little off resulting in only 1 hip hurting. Once the asprin is out of your system, take Advil or Motrin, they help with inflamation better. Try putting a cold compress on and rest the area. If you don't feel better in a few days, check in with your doctor.