1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prosthetic testicule

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fellow, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Fellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Due to some medical problems, I had to pull out one of my testicules and I had a prosthetic put on, all in the same surgery. I am still getting used to have this "fake" part of my body, but something that has come to mind is the following: whenever I want to have sex with any guy, would this situation be an issue? and should I bring the issue before beforehand or anyone would understand? The prosthetic feels a bit different in texture but it's not that different.

Thank you all for reading and possibly for helping :wink:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Shouldn't be a problem, I can't think of any reason why you should tell him, what difference would it make, it doesn't stop you from being able to ejaculate, so I wouldn't bother saying anything :slight_smile:

3. Ridiculous

And unless it's immediately obvious that its prosthetic (which I'm pretty certain it isn't) then it's very unlikely they'd discover anyway. Your partner will have other things on their mind when they are in that area that would distract them from noticing anything different :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

If you're in a relationship with someone then you may want to tell them about it, simply because you want to share your life experiences with them, but if it's just a fling or hookup or something then I wouldn't bother.

4. Sully

I don't think there would be any reason to tell, and if it doesn't affect performance what does it matter. If it's an consolation, I wouldn't have any problem being intimate with someone in your situation. To me, it doesn't even register as a situation.

5. KaraBulut

We've had threads before where guys who had only one testicle commented that it was very seldom that other guys noticed that there was only one.

So, it's rather unlikely that anyone would notice the prosthesis unless they had medical training or unless they spent a lot of time feeling around your scrotum. Most guys have other interests when they're in the near vicinity of your scrotum.

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend has one (he had testicular cancer) and told me, otherwise I wouldn´t have noticed.

So if you have casual sex, I wouldn´t bother telling unless they ask about something they feel, which is unlikely.

As a partner, I know you can actually feel the difference if you feel around, but I hadn´t noticed if I wasn´t really trying to find the difference, if you know what I mean.
    During sex, as KaraBulut says, you don´t have that kind of interest in that area...

7. smokey-knows-all

unless they notice or ask or something you don't have to tell them

8. Dalmatian

I guess the prosthetic one feels different to you, so you might want to tell because of your side. I mean, better that he plays with the one you can feel, right? :slight_smile: And also, just to add, I wouldn't care. I'd like to know, though, just as a sign that the person can be open with me.

9. ScatteredEarth

I feel that as long as you are open and honest, people wont look at you any differently if they truly cared about you.

10. chrisV

it really won't make a difference unless you are trying to get somebody pregnant (but seeing that you are gay, i'm i'm guessing that this isn't the case). it's really not worth telling, unless you are actually in a relationship with that person, in which case, it might just be an interesting story to tell.

11. Mrcake

There shouldn't be a problem.. You may create less sperm, that's all.

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a friend with one testicle and a prosthesis. He has three kids. There's no problem getting someone pregnant with only one testacle, so it really isn't anything to worry about.