1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been Sick for Days

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mrcake, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Mrcake

Hey everyone. I'm writing this because I don't know what is wrong.. I have been sick for about five days and it is not getting any better. Today I felt okay, and then later tonight I started feeling sick again. I have Addison's disease and my adrenal glands don't work, so I have to take twice the medicine to compensate for the stress hormone secreted when the body is sick.. I have had stomach issues for 5 days, almost like a bloating feeling - loss of satiety, but still hungry feeling. My stomach also feels bubbly and I have felt really shaky. I have had an extreme headache for 4 days and today I started taking excedrin migraine medicine. What do you think this is? Is this just a virus running its course, or could it be the stomach flu, or other?

- I'm a very healthy person, I watch what I eat and I workout almost 5 days a week, so I'm usually really quick on recovery; this is odd.

#1 Mrcake, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe you should try going to the doctor to rule out some type of infection or something that's causing this? You know, just to be on the safe side.

3. Mrcake

I'm feeling odd still, if this persists then I will maybe see a doctor on Friday or Monday if it is that late.. It should have been gone now.

4. TraceElement

I looked up Addisons and it said that the kidneys can't regulate the salt and water balance in your system. This could lead to the shakes, bloated feeling, and low blood pressure which can lead to headaches. I know you are most likely aware of this, but get it checked out that your hormones are within normal limits.

5. Frumpy Pigskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's probably just a virus, but due to your existing medical condition, it's safer to consult your doctor.

Has your doctor recommended you to double your medicinal intake when you're ill? If not, don't do it. Doubling your medicine doesn't make it twice as effective, it has a compound effect and can also lead to more chance of damage your organs.

6. Mrcake

Yep he told me to double my medication . I am starting to feel better. Yay :slight_smile: