1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps on penis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ArundelForever, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so I'm really worried about these bumps on my penis. I noticed 1 a few days ago, and yesterday I noticed another next to that 1. Today when I went to get in the shower I was shocked by their size...they aren't humongous, but they are very round, smooth, and a little red. And they don't hurt. They look like a fresh pimple kind of haha. But I'm 15, so I am by no means going to my parents about this. What do you think it could be?!?

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Were you recently sexually active? If so, how long ago?

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Perhaps you are seeing pearly penile papules?

4. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and probably 1-2 months ago. But it doesn't look like any std; I've been doing reseaech

5. Ridiculous

Sounds like Fordyce's spots to me - they are similar to pimples.
    Common, harmless, not an STD and not contagious, and not an issue other than appearance.

We can't put pictures of people's bits on here so you'll have to go search yourself for some to compare to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't have discomfort, a temperature, and any other symptoms, I suppose you could wait to see if they'll fade or go away on their own. I'd abstain from sex that would involve skin to skin contact for a while, just to be sure. And, right, I wouldn't tell my parents, either. Relax.

Maybe one of the experts can weigh in. I know that "research" through pictures and symptoms on the internet can wear someone out and unnecessarily worry them.

7. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys a lot. Maybe an ingrown hair because I shaved down there like 2-3 weeks ago...and I squeezed on and white stuff came out. Sorry, I know it's gross, I'm just trying not to worry lol

8. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    And the next one that I hadn't squeezed; I just now squeezed and there was already a little hole in the top that pus came out of. Could it be a bug bite? Should I pop them with a needle? I'm just worried.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well have you looked to see if the bumps may be pearly penile papules or Fordyce's spots?

If they have pus in them, hmm....

You mention shaving recently, is it possible you might have gotten a hair follicle infection? Look closely, are the bumps located in spots where hair is growing. It could be folliculitis.

10. KaraBulut

There are sebaceous glands on the shaft of the penis and the scrotum. Like any other sebaceous glands, they can get blocked and inflamed. This can result in acne or sebaceous cysts. Although they can get inflamed and painful, they are no different from any other "zit"- they're otherwise harmless.

11. biggayguy

Pus is a sign of white blood cells fighting infection. I wouldn't ignore it. I had a little bump on my scrotum turn into an abscess that required minor surgery.

12. ArundelForever

Out Status:
    Some people
    So should I try to pop them with a needle? I'm wondering if it could be a weird reaction to a mosquito bite or something because I was naked near a tree (long story). I'm havin a physical for football soon, so I could ask the doctor when he looks down there.