1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretch marks..

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KnownSecret, Jun 16, 2013.

1. KnownSecret

I know that there has been a thread about this before but what I am about to ask I don't know if it was asked. Is Micro Abrasion (Derma Rollers) a good way to get rid of them (when used properly and cleanly of course). Or would they be a waste of time, money, and pain? I just hate having stretch marks on my back. That's the only thing I am self conscious about and it really drives me crazy!

If Derma Rollers aren't a good solution what creams/lotions seem to work the best to fade and or remove stretchmarks? My stretch marks are not from being overweight or anything like that, they are from me growing so fast when I was younger, because I grew like 1 and a half feet in a year. I don't really know how dark they are, but it would be nice to fade them even more and maybe (hopefully) get rid of them. Is it possible that they will go away over time on their own? Thanks for any suggestions :slight_smile:

~Zack~

2. Stray

I don't think derma rollers would do much. That's more to remove dead/dry skin. Stretch marks aren't dead skin patches, they're stress marks from your skin having too little elasticity to keep up with your skeletal growth rate. In my experience, cocoa butter lotion for a few months and tanning will make them fade substantially. I don't know of any way to make them disappear completely, unfortunately.

3. KnownSecret

Yeah I know that they are hard to get rid of, I remember hearing somewhere that derma rollers helped fade them. Thanks for the help I guess ill just have to get some cocoa butter lotion and start tanning!