1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pretty much addicted to masturbating.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by chrisV, Jun 16, 2013.

1. chrisV

i never used to masturbate much, but ever since i started taking a lower dose of celexa, my sex drive has been up, and i masturbate 2-3 times a day. i know it's not that much, but i can't go a day without it. it doesn't really interfere with my life at all, but i can't go without it. i also have insomnia, and it helps me sleep, so it actually is beneficial in some aspects, but i don't know if being dependent on it for sleep is a good thing. any advice?

2. AKTodd

2-3x a day for a 15yr old isn't really excessive. From various threads on EC, that's probably about middle of the road. I think a lot of guys will use it to help them fall asleep at least sometimes (sadly this no longer works for me - a major insomnia attack will shrug off anything up to and including prescription grade sleeping pills like water). Given the choice between masturbation or a pill or alcohol to help you fall asleep, I'd say the first option is the most natural, healthy, and pleasurable.

That all said, if its bothering you, you might look into some relaxation exercises or recordings or something as an alternative.

The only thing I'm feeling a little concern over is you saying you 'can't go without it'. What do you mean by that and what happens if you do go without it? Do you just feel uncomfortably horny or cranky or are we talking shakes and chills here?

If its just the first two, then again that's probably manageable and I'd just roll with it.

My 2c worth,

Todd

#2 AKTodd, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. speedracing22

I would say that you are lucky because a lot of people suffer from decreased sex drive from taking medications like Celexa, and you seem to have the opposite effect.

I don't take anything at the moment, and I masturbate 1-2x a day, so I wouldn't worry too much. I think you should just be concerned if it starts to impact your life or cut into other activities.

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, don't worry about it dude. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Pretty healthy to do it - it relieves a lot of stress.

5. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a woman here, but I'm actually dependent on masturbation for sleep. Once a day for me is a must, sometimes it will be twice a day. 3 times on rarer days. It's been pretty much daily for me since I was 16 years old or so. Before that, I just did it a few times a week. It actually also helps prevent sleep paralysis for me as well. At one point in my life, I had issues with it and it was horrible. Going to sleep really exhausted helps me to avoid experiencing sleep paralysis I've noticed, and masturbation helps with getting me feel exhausted enough that I can sleep in a relaxing state. I never considered it a bad thing. I enjoy it, I get good sleep, relieves stress, and it's better than taking a pill to go to bed (which itself could cause REM sleep disruptions).

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's possible that you've had some significant depression for some time, so the Celexa is bringing you up to a normal level of functioning and sex drive.

When you say you can't go without it... what happens if you try? It wouldn't be that uncommon for a 15 year old to have pretty strong urges, so if that's all it is, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're really concerned, you could talk to your psychiatrist at your next visit.

7. Amerigo

how long have you been on celexa? if it's only been a short while, then that's fairly normal (and for your age). what you may find is that continuing your medication will reverse that side effect (as it did for me), that is to say, at a later stage you may feel a lessened sex drive (which can be quite annoying).

8. chrisV

when i go without it, i just get REALLY horny, almost to the point where it's unbearable. i have been on celexa and risperdal ever since i was 7 (i'm 15 now). so i don't really know if it is effecting my sex drive, just because i was on these meds long before i was even able to masturbate. i don't seem to have any side effects though. i ejaculate normally, i don't have ED or anything like that. i just mentioned the meds, because i thought they might be the reason why i masturbate so much (i would preferably masturbate at least 5 times a day, but i don't have the privacy, or the time).

9. Aldrick

Honestly, I think you're perfectly normal and your meds have nothing to do with this. I read up thread that you were fifteen - for a fifteen year old teenage boy that's normal. When I was sixteen years old, I was EXACTLY the same way, and at the time I was suffering from depression. I'd masturbate three times per day (everyday) - minimum, and more if I could get away with it.

Then as I got older and my hormones began to balance out, that began to decrease. Yes, it was a horrible time, simply because I had no control over it... but that's what hormones do to you. It's just part of growing up, but it's a temporary thing.

I'd only be concerned to know if it was interfering with your ability to function. Since it isn't, then I don't see a problem. This is something that I believe will probably pass. If things start to get worse before they get better, then you can always go to your doctor and discuss it.

10. boo841

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it relieves even a lot more hahaha:icon_redf