1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Door Beginner

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alex123, Jun 18, 2013.

1. alex123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For a beginner, is a dildo or butt plug recommended to 'train'

I don't seem to have too much problem with girth but in the past when I've tried to have sex, it always hurts inside, where the end of my partner hits, it hurts to the extent that I can't carry on. Is this something that I can make go away on my own?

Thanks.

2. Beware Of You

Get a set of Plugs, start with the small one and work up, well thats how I trained myself to bottom. To be honest you don't need much, my first time was a drunken mess with no training. It was just a burning sensation for the first few mins as muscles were stretched a way they had never been stretched before

3. alex123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I've managed it drunk before! It's not the stretching of the sphincter that seems to be the problem, it's a pain, inside, all the way inside...

4. Beware Of You

You are going too deep probably, if there is pain you are doing something wrong

#4 Beware Of You, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  5. alex123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, not when I'm doing it, whenever I have sex sober! I've never done it to myself, or even have the equipment to do so, thus my original question of dildo or plug.

6. Aldrick

Hey Alex. Yes, I recommend getting a dildo for everyone, especially those who aren't very experienced with anal. It's my view that people should become comfortable with penetrating themselves, then they have the advantage of knowing what feels right to them and what doesn't. They understand the sensations they're experiencing, and most importantly they can communicate better with their sexual partners. This way you know what feels good to you, and you can tell him how you like it. It also means you know when something doesn't feel right and you can communicate that to him as well.

As to the specific issue you're having... this has been covered already in the past very well by KaraBulut. I won't bother retyping everything he wrote. However, you can find someone who had the same problem as you over in this older thread. Scroll down to Kara's posts which have helpful diagrams, so you can't miss them.

7. alex123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Now for the sort of dildo to get, for my first one, what sort of material would you suggest? What length and girth?

I've been looking at these two:

[adult site link removed by moderator]

I don't want to spend huge amounts on my first one, but I also worry about getting one too small and it not doing anything.

#7 alex123, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  8. AKTodd

Amazon sells virtually everything and includes customer reviews. ALWAYS read the customer reviews.

Generally something mid-priced is probably fine. Something in rubber or latex and that mimics the size/shape of an actual average penis is probably good since that's what you're ultimately aiming to put there. If you think you may have an issue with girth (but it sounds like you don't) get something a bit thinner at first and then work up.

A major point that has come up here in the past is that whatever you get should have a flange or otherwise be designed so you can't...lose it inside. This is an ER trip you really don't want to take.

Also don't forget to get something in a lube - water based if you're doing a rubber or latex toy. Also maybe some condoms for it since it can make clean-up easier. Not sure if silicone based gels have issues with rubber, but oil based do.

Hope this helps,

Todd

9. Hefiel

To my knowledge silicon-based lube is safe to use with condoms, but much more expensive than water-based lube, however you don't need to reapply with a silicon-based lube. Oil-based lubes should just be avoided altogether, bad for condoms, not great for the anus either (can cause irritation and harder to clean from what I'm told).

10. KaraBulut

The way to remember this is that you can't use a toy and a lube made from the same substance.

So, silicone lube is not safe for silicone toys.

And as you indicated, petroleum based toys (e.g. rubber, plastic) are not safe to use with oil-based lube.