1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosening yourself and Lube

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Isaac, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always thought that Lube was very important when having sex (i'm not talking about personal prefernce). It made the penis slide out faster or easier, and did aquire the person giving to push alot or to have trouble. With lube in on your penis and in and around the anus, would that not loosen you up, and allow for an esier penatration? I was talking to a friend who said thta he takes his figures, and has to massage his partners anus or what ever to loosen him up.If you dont, then trying to have sex will be very difficult. Are there other ways to loosen up your anus with having to stick your fingrs inside yours or your partners ass? Do lubs not help and allow for an easier penatration? And what about spit? My friend was saying they use lubricated condoms, and then spit! Would lube just no work better and stuff. So basically just asking about lube, and loosening you or your parter up for anal sex in a good way or other ways then sticking your fingers in side lol.

Thank You

2. Louise

Lubes do HELP for an easier penetration but you certainly do need some preparation before penetrative sex, especially when you first start out. You anus is not used to that sort of use and the muscles are very tight and penetration can be painful if there is little or no preparation. Think of it as a bit like warm up excersizes for an athlete.

Playing with and caressing your partner are all part of the sex games and preparation for having intercourse. You can't just arrive, slap on a bit of lube and then stick your penis up someones backside. That is not at all what sex is meant to be about, you might just as well pleasure yourself if that is all you want.

I don't see where the problem is for inserting your fingers in your partner, if you are ready to stick your penis in where is the problem with fingers. If you are worried about hygene make sure you and your partner have washed before play starts and wash your hands after, it's as simple as that.

If the idea of inserting your fingers is disagreable to you then you can use other things, there are loads of sex toys on the market and many made specially for anal penetration. You can have a very enjoyable sex life without penetration as well, there are many people here in relationships who have a full and enjoyable sex life without penetrative sex because it is not especially their thing.

Nothing in normal anal sex (or any sex for that matter) is dirty as long as you and your partner follow the basic everyday hygene rules ie; washing every day and after sex.

3. CrimsonThunder

A very fine post there Louise. :slight_smile:

4. KaraBulut

The anus is a muscle. When children are potty-trained, they are taught to keep the muscle tight at all times so that they don't have an accident.

If you're interested in anal sex, you will probably need to spend some time retraining the muscle to relax so that it can accommodate a penis. With a little training, most guys can learn to relax the muscle when it is time for sex.

What lube does is reduce the friction between the skin of the anus and the skin of the penis rubbing against each other. Lube does not loosen the muscle. Pre-lubricated condoms aren't very effective for anal sex- usually you need a thicker lube for anal.

All of Louise's suggestions are excellent. The key to successful and pleasureful anal sex is lots of patience and lots of lube (and condoms of course!).

Anal sex should never be rushed or forced. If it hurts, then you should stop and do something else for a whlie until the pain is gone and then try again.

5. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

Yeah when anal sex is rushed it hurtss!!! trust me
    When my partner goes to fast i need recovery time and to bite my lip lol. Fingering first helps aloooooooottttttttt. Also other activities like rimming work too. You can also insert the penis in very very slowly and that helps to keep any pain down.

Personally, i have never used lube. The only lubrication i use is saliva from rimming and bj's

6. xcskierjrb

where can u get lube

7. Ty

Ty Guest

A chemist or drug store, I imagine.

8. KaraBulut

Lube is also used by straight people, so you'll find it in stores in the same section as the condoms. In the US, the variety in drugstores and supermarkets is usually limited to brands like KY and Astroglide.

If you're an adult, you can buy it in a sex shop or by mail. There's a more brands and types available this way.

9. Jim1454

Agreed. I'm just glad it isn't MY mum on here! :icon_redf

Astroglide ROCKS! It's available in a gel format as well as liquid. It's a little easier to manage in that format.

10. divadarya

Any drugstore...I like "wett"

By the way, doing it without "warming up" is painful and very inconsiderate on the part of the active partner...
    I heartily recommend getting rimmed!!:slight_smile:!!!
    (I still use lube)