1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to develop a problem?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by tryhtwfr, Jun 20, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

Last week, my dad bought a super high class treadmill. I thought well I need to get in shape so that day I started running on it and doing loads of cardio the same day. The day after I cut down my LARGE meals down to SMALL 4 meals and drank water to get rid of hunger. Its been a few days now and I've been waking up and going on the treadmill before I eat. I last ate at 2pm and I haven't eaten since. I worked out in the morning and after I never felt hungry so its been 20 hours since I haven't eaten and I don't feel hungry. All I'm drinking is water?

2. LD579

You're being too extreme. This will be more harmful than helpful, if not now, then in the long run (Ahaha, is that a pun? Who knows =p ).

With that said... Eating smaller meals is good, though, but you also have to eat more frequently. Make sure you eat balanced meals and that your food doesn't have too much of... anything, like sugar or salt or fat. With that said, fat is actually good for you.

With what you've described, I'm worried you have a severe calorie deficit as of late. Try to get at least 1,500 calories, okay? I'm sure you could have 1,700 or even 2,000 or so if you have been working out. I'm worried you might just crash or faint or pass out one day... and that's never fun, especially when you get bruises on your chin and a bunch of sores in your mouth. I say this in hindsight from an unfortunate experience.

My suggestion: eat at least every 8 hours. Ideally you'd eat every 4-5 hours, if you're eating small meals, which you are.

A friend of mine may be able to offer more input and insight, perhaps, later on.