1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight Loss Tips?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Grant, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I'm overweight and I'm finding it hard to lose weight/keep motivated. Also I'm very unsure about nutrition.... I mean obviously I know that fruit and veg are good but I'm talking carbs and saturated fats, those kind of things confuse me. Could someone please help me? Please tell me if I'm being too vague xD

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This seems like a popular Diet :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]A2Hu5YKyxGQ[/YOUTUBE]

3. Ridiculous

5:2 diet, aka eat normally for 5 days, attempt to severely reduce your intake for two days, gorge yourself at 8PM on the first of those two days and end up consuming twice as much energy as you would have if you weren't dieting at all.

Don't go into any of that fad shit unless you hate yourself.

If you are trying to lose weight, then you need to focus on the energy values of the food you are eating. There is unfortunately a lot of focus on macronutrients in dieting - fat, protein, and carbohydrates, but this just complicates things and makes you more likely to fail. The most important thing you need to be looking at is how much energy is in the food you are consuming. Energy is energy and how much you consume is going to dictate whether you start breaking down your bodyfat stores or not - where the energy is coming from is far less important.

If you pick an energy 'budget' for the day (for example, 9000kJ) and then try to aim for that without going over while eating healthily, then you shouldn't even have to worry about getting all of your nutritional requirements.
    When I say you need to eat healthily, I mean basic stuff like fruit, vegetables, lean meats, not-overly-processed grains, and so on. The more 'natural' you can go, the better, because they are less energy dense meaning you can eat more and feel fuller. If you eat a variety of these then you will be getting everything you need without even trying.

Also don't drink anything but water (not even diet or sugarfree stuff, or juice, or anything) and make sure you drink at least 1.5 litres a day. Drinking your energy is the worst thing you can do, and not being hydrated is a significant cause of hunger and overeating.

If you don't know how much energy is in something I suggest using Wikipedia or the Wolfram|Alpha supercomputer engine to tell you (Wolfram|Alpha is great because you can type in something like "banana 85g" and it will calculate it for that amount). Stuff out of a packet or bottle will have the energy value in kJ or kCals on the label somewhere.