1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anal sex hurts, but dildo does not?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sk8tsmc, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sk8tsmc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Has anyone experienced this or can you tell me what the problem could be? I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and when we first were together we had anal sex with no problems. Lately it has hurt when we try. The other night we used a dildo that is a little bit bigger than his penis, and it didn't hurt at all. Why would that be?

2. AKTodd

You say that you did anal when first together. It makes it sound like you stopped for a while and have recently restarted and encountered this issue. Is that correct or am I just misunderstanding that bit?

Re the dildo, did you use the dildo on yourself or otherwise have control of it or was he using it on you with you being passive? If the former you would be able to feel what you were doing and control things better. Which could mean you wouldn't go in as far or the like. In a similar vein, perhaps your boyfriend is going in deeper than he used to and not realizing it? You can't feel what the bottom is feeling after all and so it takes a bit of practice to determine how much is too much or just right.

Just some initial thoughts,

Todd