1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to take a selfie and felt FAR too skinny

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sunnii, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sunnii

As vain and stupid as I sounds I am desperate for people to tell me I'm sexy. I know with guys it's conventional to be buff but I lm more about being thin and toned. I do have some muscle but I do a lot of ashtanga yoga (which just doing that makes me feel sexy) and cardio and I prefer being thin.

I love Instagram but I'm awkward with selfies. I know not everyone is fond of them. I am perfectly comfortable doing selfies where it's me doing a yoga pose but if its of just me I feel weird. For example tonight I did a late night yoga practice and in my head i was like "I've been proud of my body lately. I'm going to do a selfie " and after yoga I always feel most confident (sober) so when i took a pic of me I was horrified. I looked like a lollipop and my eyes looked too big for my head. Idk what others see but when I see me in the mirror I look and feel great but on camera I am repelled.

I like being thin. I don't starve myself anymore. I do have a low appetite but I eat when meant to I just don't eat crap. Honestly before I attempted a selfie, I have felt great about my body. And I know what I thnk matters most but what I see in the mirror vs what I see on camera scares me because that's what others see.

2. Amerigo

don't worry, your "followers" will end up liking anything you post anyway. as long as you do the raised-eyebrow/squint/pout selfie pose, people will like anything on instagram.

3. sunnii

Lol you came across as your mood suggested buy you're right my pic has 9 likes atm lol

4. Ridiculous

The mirror is going to be a far more accurate portrayal of what you look like (or more accurately, how you see yourself in the mirror is how everyone else sees you - if that makes sense). There's some sort of conspiracy with cameras to make us look like shit - I don't think anyone likes photos of themselves.

You could try making sure the camera lens is at the same level as your eyes, so the perspective will be the same as what you see in the mirror yourself. I definitely prefer pictures of myself if I do this.

5. Krissy

There's nothing wrong with being thin. Lots of people find bodies that aren't largely buffed up attractive. Try to remember, you are your worst critic. It's hard to see yourself positively, but it's a lot better from other people's viewpoints. Keep working, and keeps your morales high. It gets better. ~KQ

6. Amerigo

*likes post*

7. sunnii

Maybe I'm caught up in metaphors. As I've said I'm desperate for approval and adulation and what Most afraid of is delusion so if I feel like I look good in the mirror but look shit on camera that sums it up. I'm aware I am attractive. But I'm yet to have someone I find attractive (that is gay) say that. I'm too usef to 40+ year old women tell me I'm good lookingor my male straight friends say I'm good looking. Theres a difference between saying someone is good looking and saying someone is sexy or frankly wanting to bang them

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2013 at 02:07 AM ----------

I think I got that bill more than most but when I do feel positive about me I seem to get a "reality check" that puts me back. Doesnt help I have this so called "phobia" of delusion and am all confidence vs delusion.

But my pic (I took after making this post to defy my issues) has 12 likes so I AM a happy bunny lol

8. diseased icon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

9. Krissy

I've been through some self-confidence issues too, and the best way to work it out is to understand that some days you'll feel crappy, and some days you'll feel great. If you can admit to yourself that you're good looking, then you can realize that other people find you attractive and odds are, there IS someone out there who wants to bang you :wink: Keep smiling, keep your chin up. Stick with the confidence.