1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headache while masturbating

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe it's called Coital cephalalgia that I'm experiencing but was hoping to get Kara's take on this. The specific type of diagnosis I gave says it takes effect around a person in their 20s, but I even dealt with this when I was a teenager too. Is it what I said...or something else?

2. KaraBulut

There is a connection between sexual activity and headache. There are some people who find relief from any physical activity including sex. And there are some for whom exertion triggers a headache.

Coital cephalgia is a very severe headache. Unlike other forms of migraine, it is rare and it is very specific in its onset- it starts very quickly immediately before or during orgasm in men. The pain usually starts in the back of the head and may then spread to the temple or the eyes. It is acutely painful and usually may end as quickly as it began.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm it's hard to say (mind the pun) if it is that then. I mean it's a painful headache but I've had migraine's before and it's definitely not as painful or debilitating as those are. I noticed last night breathing deep while....getting close it does tend to limit the amount of pain experienced if at all. As well with regards to your comment on people finding relief, I do sometimes find if say I have a cold or am stuffed up, masturbation does unclog my sinuses. As you can tell I'm a strange guy in that it seems when things happen to me....they happen differently than others.

4. Wardrobe93

I had the same problem when I was, i think, about 14-15 it was really painful but went away pretty quickly. Havent had the problem for ages. And just reading the other reply sounds like exactly what I had! I never worried about it because it wasnt a massive problem but its nice to put a label on it.

Anyway I know that doesnt help a whole lot, but just so you know you're not the only one :slight_smile:

5. biggayguy

It could simply be a lack of enough oxygen reaching your brain during masturbation. It could be your heart not pumping as effectively as it should or maybe you air passages are getting too constricted. That would be my layman's guess.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Could it be something to do with the blood being taken away from the brain to the crotch area, could there be a connection?

7. AKTodd

I've had this happen a few times a couple of years ago. It was extremely painful and took a while to pass. Scared me a bit until a bit of online research turned up that it is apparently moderately normal.

The main causative that I could find was if I was masturbating while not really into it, meaning not all that horny but just kind of doing it because I had the time alone and felt I should take advantage of the opportunity.

Since being more careful to only do it when I really want to, the problem has not recurred.

Todd

8. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still get this at the age of 53, fortunately not that often, it seems to happen almost every time I masturbate over a period of a few weeks and then goes away for 6 months or so. It's very debilitating and any movement has to stop immediately, I can’t finish what I started, the pain is usually gone after 20 mins. It’s the most intense pain I have ever felt, more than being beaten up, electrocuted, or an arterial blood gas test (Fu**ing painful if you have ever had one), all of which I have suffered. It’s completely different from a full blown migraine with aura and all the trimmings that I also get from time to time.

I have noticed that since a recent change in my heart/stroke medication to lower my blood pressure more dramatically than before that I don’t seem to suffer as frequently so perhaps if you get this type of headache you should just get your blood pressure looked at next time you are at the doctors.

Sale Gay Guy

#8 SaleGayGuy, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013