1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting obsessed about my figure

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beware Of You, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

So I am 6'3" and weigh 13st. (182lb) so I am not heavy, but I have a little bit of a belly, and well I don't like it. I am trying anything to get rid of it, going to the gym, starving myself sometimes (I can live off 1 meal a day).

I just feel fat and unattractive, I am embarrassed about my body, you see all these gay guys with trim tummies and look so hot, I look like a potato in comparison.

Does anyone know the quickest way to get trimmed up?

2. 1umbrella1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You shouldn't eat any less than 1200 calories a day. Not only is it bad for your heart, you're at a higher risk of osteoporosis, weakness, extreme fatigue, shaking, fainting, anemia, muscle loss, your immune system is compromised, and a whole bunch of other things that you don't want.

Even further than the health complications, eating less than 1200 calories a day messes with your metabolism. Basically, your body goes into starvation mode and your body tries to store food you eat as fat. Trust me, I've tried the starvation, and I actually gained weight! All I was eating was a 380 calorie breakfast!

The quickest way would probably be liposuction or other types of surgeries like that. Besides that, you can starve yourself, but there is no guarantee that you'll actually lose weight, and it's bad for you. Exercising and cutting calories, eating healthier, and all that jazz is the best way to go, and I know it'll be annoying watching the scale go down at a snail's pace, but at least you know you're being healthy.

If you want to lose weight with the 1200 calorie method (oh, btw, when using this method, you should add the amount of calories you burned to the amount you should eat. So if you burn 400 calories at the gym, you should be eating 1600 calories), you should try eating foods that are filling and give you fuel, not junk. I use myfitnesspal (a website and an iPhone app) to keep track of calories.

So, the choice is up to you. Besides surgery, the fastest way is starvation and excessive exercise, while it is a gamble. But that also comes with a big health risk. There's also the healthy way, which, while slower, is much more likely to succeed and much, much better for you. I recommend that you see your doctor if you want to know more about dieting and exercise, and maybe ask your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist or a dietitian. Weigh the pros and cons carefully.

I've taken both roads, and using the slow but healthy method I felt a lot better about myself in the process, didn't feel as much hunger pains (they were there, but not quite as bad), and didn't feel like I was about to pass out all the time. Remember, you didn't gain it all at once, so it makes sense that you shouldn't lose it all at once.

#2 1umbrella1, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First, eat. I know you're trying to trim down, but you really need to eat well to lose weight and trim up. Not eating is the enemy. I know it goes without saying, but try to balance your meals well. Avoid a lot of oils and sugars. Limit your salt intake. Cut soda out of your diet while you're trimming down.
    You're going to the gym, which is great! Try doing reps of excercises that target the area you're looking to trim down, and make sure to do them properly - most toning exercises, like pushups and situps, work better if you try and keep a steady pace.
    And of course, don't shamble through the motions blindly. As 1umbrella1 said, consider talking to your doctor about seeing a dietitian. Especially if you're working hard and not seeing any progress.

4. srslywtf

I've had great success with low carb diets. Don't go crazy though about cutting them right out.. ketosis is OK in short bursts (provided you're normal in health/diet requirements/etc) but really I'd recommend sustainable changes rather than crash-diets.

I have been a fatty for a long time.. tried all sorts of crap, would cut eating to a minimum, then fall off the wagon again.

Over the past ~9months however I've lost 35kg (75-80lbs? ish) with minor consistent changes. I wanna lose perhaps another 10kg (should bring me to flat stomach) and I know all I have to do is keep going how I have been.