1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't Cry

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CptnBeefheart, Jun 27, 2013.

1. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've never felt more depressed in my life and I can't even cry to atleast express this feeling.
    Why not?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I'm the exact same way. I've literally never cried sober in many years. I think it's a combination of a few things, men on average find it harder to cry than women. This is most likely due to less estrogen levels, and social stigma dictating men shouldn't cry. However, I've been told so many times that I'm emotionally repressed. Like, I don't really have emotion in a normal state, and have genuinely strong apathy, like I'll be very lethargic sometimes with a "who cares" attitude about basically anything you could think of. If you're the same way, then that might be something to look into, as most people can cry if they are actually sad.

Other than that though, I haven't looked into it too much, so there's not really anything else I can contribute to this thread.

All the best.

3. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You just described me.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always had the opposite problem. Well, maybe you're just not the crying type, but if it's such a concern, you can always get therapy and be walked through it. Depression can numb you, even to the point where you can't even shed tears.

5. sexyalex

I'm no psychology expert. But i'm sure the psychology majors will chime in anytime now :slight_smile:

When I am depressed and I can't cry, I just watch Marley and Me with a bucket of ice cream. Always does the trick. :wink:

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

There isn't really a "not the crying type" because everybody has an innate ability to cry, as it actually helps release toxins in the body, as well as endorphins, so it's actually physically healthy to cry, as well as mentally healthy. Thing is though, I think in almost all cases the ones that cant cry are either emotionally repressed or have blocked that one emotion due to how society dictates emotions should be handled, as crying is sort of taught to people as a bad and embarrassing thing to do. I'm not really sure there's such a thing as being unable to cry because of being too depressed, I'd of thought that would be something else entirely.

All the best.

7. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wish I had ice cream. :icon_sad: