1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay fit and healthy whilst working?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by danbyization171, Jun 28, 2013.

1. danbyization171

Hi Guys

I know this topic doesnt really have anything to do with sex or being gay or bisexual etc. But i have used this forum quite abit over the past year or so and have received some great advice so have decided to post this. Sorry if i shouldn't.

So i have recently finished college and have just finished my first week of working and i am knackered lol. But am wondering how i can avoid becoming unfit and unhealthy whilst working. My job involves standard office so long hours in front of a computer, sat down, in an office etc. I have heard a lot of stuff in the news etc. of how working in an office and on a computer can lead to obesity poor health etc. and i want to avoid this.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

2. KnownSecret

The biggest thing that makes people become overweight is a horribly unhealthy diet. If you eat a good diet with not to many calories but just enough you should be okay. Other then that the only advice I would be able to give if you are worried about gaining weight is to either work out for 10-30 minutes before work and or 10-30 minutes after work (try and join a 24/7 gym, so its easy to go anytime you want). But again eat healthy, eat a full course meal: Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Meat, Dairy and not to much fat and or oil on your foods. If you eat either grapefruit or cantaloupe when you wake up in the morning with a large glass of ice water, it will kick-start your metabolism for the day! When your metabolism is kick-started it should burn calories quicker and also aid in digestion. It's always good to start your day off healthy, especially with the water, because ice water is always nice because after drinking ice water you body burns calories trying to make the water the same temp as your body, so killing 2 birds with 1 stone, getting hydrated and also burning a few calories :wink: No matter what though you should drink enough water a day to hydrate you! Make sure that your pee is clear and not yellow and that means you are perfectly hydrated! Good luck :slight_smile: Hopefully everything works out for you!

~Zack~

#2 KnownSecret, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's hard, I know, but you need to set aside at least 30 mins a day to workout. Be it a run or Tae Bo whatever.

4. danbyization171

My diet is already fairly decent well at the very least I hardly ever have McDonald's or anything fast foody. But there is a burger van just outside where I work :/ and it is tempting at lunch.

And 30 mins of exercise!! Is this like 30 mins of light exercise like jogging or something or is like 30 mins of push-ups,sit-ups, crunches etc????

#4 danbyization171, Jun 28, 2013
  5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Avoid junk food. Easier said than done as I find the cinnamon buns at the cafeteria addictive. I try to limit them to once or twice per week. I always pack a lunch and never buy one. I drink either water or black coffee. Avoid soda or heavily sweetened / creamed coffee.

Either or type of exercise is good. Even alternate! Try to find the best time to do it. I like before work, but that can be way too early like my current job that starts at 7. I tend to go to the gym immediately after work as it is to easy to lose motivation if I go home first.

Get up and stretch / short walk once per hour.

#5 Kenko, Jun 28, 2013