1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random sharp pain in my head

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so a few moments ago there was this really sharp pain coming from the left side of my head, it was from the left top of my head to near my jaw line and it was like sharp pain that would counter back in forth , it come n go very quickly, i dont know if this is from inside my brain or a nerve underneath the skin but it was really painful and kind of agonizing and it was driving me nuts and it made my face kind of numb actually ...

What does that mean?

its gone now and now, the left side of my face feels different from my right. it doesn't feel numb but different somhow

2. KnownSecret

I get sharp pains in my head when I turn my head in an angle that either pinches a nerve or pulls a muscle. Idk if anything can be done to stop that from occurring nor do I know it it's bad. It happens to me all the time but subsides really quickly. There was one time that is shot all the way down to my neck and it freaked me out because it hurt so bad! I know how you feel with that pain but I don't know how to help! Maybe it's from being dehydrated? Idk just don't worry about it like you dissected an artery because that is super rare! If you have anymore concern about it just make a doctors appointment and see if they can figure out the issue! I remember my mom telling me what it was but I forget the actually name or it :/ I wish I could help more!

~Zack~

3. derrik

Sounds like time to get medical attention. Get a friend to take you - don't drive

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Agreed. If something is agonizingly painful with sharp pains, then that something needs to get looked at. As mentioned above - don't drive, passing out while driving wouldn't be the most pleasant experience for you and others.

All the best.

5. MerBear

it went away though. even though, it painful and agonizing, it only lasted for 2 min.

this has happened before though

6. KnownSecret

I don't think it's that big of a deal for like emergency room medical attention... Because as I said this happens to me all the time and it's not anything serious its just like pinching a nerve I'm not saying that you shouldn't make an appointment to talk to a doctor about it because I think you should, even I should, but don't get freaked out about it because there may be nothing the doctor can do for it. Don't get angry at me for saying this but you shouldn't get people freaked out from a slightly pinched nerve.

7. MerBear

i didn't do anything though. i just asked a question.
    It's true though, whether or not, it was a pinched nerve....It was actually agonizing because it hurt so much.

what else do you want me to say?

8. Zaio

Zaio Guest

It was a pinched nerve for you, but it might not be for her. It's unlikely that it's going to be anything serious, but if sharp pain is involved in an area like that, then there's a chance that it could be. Better safe than sorry.

All the best.

9. MerBear

Thank you.
    I just really am curious if it was coming from under the surface of skin or inside my brain. I mean, It kind of concerns me ....because of how painful it was but i dont think its life threatening

10. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I used to feel the same way, in that "it's probably nothing so let's forget about it," but a while ago my mother used to get rare sharp pains in her abdomen, which she just left because she thought it was nothing. Turns out she had a tumor growing near her stomach, she only knew when she went to hospital when it ended up rupturing with such pain that she couldn't stand, and had to have multiple surgeries to remove it, accompanied with a very long resting time frame. Again, it's unlikely it's anything, but it depends whether or not you want to take the risk. After all, even the rarest of the rare diseases and illnesses still happen to some people.

It could of been a migraine, it could of been a brain tumor, or perhaps something as insignificant as stress, but you wont know until you get it checked.

All the best.

11. MerBear

Thank you :slight_smile:
    I will try and make an appointment

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

That's good to know. If you end up not getting it checked, ensure you make an appointment if that same sharp pain starts recurring, as if there's a chance it's something serious it'll more than likely repeat itself within a time frame.

All the best.

13. KnownSecret

I wasn't directing that to you merbear! Sorry if it came off that way, I was mostly saying people shouldn't freak you out about it because it probably isn't that serious. Anything that worries you, you should get it checked out or talk to a doctor about it. Sorry if I offended you I wasn't saying that you shouldn't post on here and worry people I meant that people that post after you shouldn't make it seem like a crazy issue like you need medical attention immediately.

14. MerBear

Oh, i thought you her since you said

Don't get angry at me for saying this but you shouldn't get people freaked out from a slightly pinched nerve.

I thought since you said "You" that it was directed towards me
    Sorry for this misunderstanding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. KnownSecret

It's okay! I read it again and it seemed really mean haha and I just didn't want y'all mad at me for being rude :wink: But yeah I hope you can figure out what's the issue I would really like to hear :slight_smile: because I am 100% sure we have the same issue! Lol

16. MerBear

thank you

17. partmin123

partmin123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If it was that sharp and it made your face go numb, then yes i would say its a pinched nerve. Although if it lasts for more than a half hour, go see a neurologist. It may be from any recent blows to the head. it happened to me.