1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lump above penis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Theagonist, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well probably about 30 minutes ago I discovered that I have a lump that's about a little bigger than a pea that's like an oval ball in my skin directly above my penis to the right. I have no idea how long it could have had it, cause it's kind of in an obscured place. It looks kind of red, but it's hard to tell because of my pubic hairs. I'm a virgin, so I don't see how it could be an STD, but I'm still really worried and scared, what should I do???

2. srslywtf

could just be like a pimpleish/boil/ingrown hair type thing... I have had that once in that location.. It popped when i went to touch it and some filthy stuff came out.. I cleaned it up and I put some antiseptic on it, that was that.

I've had the same thing on my inner thigh once as well.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I gotta agree with srslywtf, especially after looking at your age. I presume you are in the middle to late stages of puberty, and well, the hormones in the body around that time do tend to cause an increase in pimples and boils. Not generally anything to really worry about unless you've had it persisting there after trying to get rid of it for a while. (several days to a week).

4. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, today I noticed it kind of has an opening, so I don't know if that means anything

5. srslywtf

as long as it's not growing quite a bit larger I'd say just keep the area extra clean for a few days and see what happens. Maybe try to gently squeeze it but squeezing can make pimples worse and take longer to heal so dont get carried away.

If it starts to feel very painful or 'hot', becomes alot redder/more swollen (meaning it's infected), then you need to tell somebody about it, but this is almost certainly NOT the case given what you've described... Just give it a few days.