1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Momosboy, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Momosboy

Hi, EC-ers! I have a BIG thing to ask about. What makes a marriage legal? Is it the sex? Is there a time limit, and if you don't bang by then, you're not married? Still having my lady-man parts, I don't even know IF I should have sex on my wedding night. As you can tell, I've labelled this 'first time'. Yes, my BF and I are both virgins. We agreed no sex until the wedding, but I don't know if the anal is what I want. I DO know that I want to feel it, though. Anyone who's done anal able to help me? Even any married people, straight or GLBT will do to help. Please?

MB

2. Holly

I dont think you have to even have to consumate a marriage to make it legal... I thought that was the ceremony. But I honestly don't know.

3. KaraBulut

Marriage laws in the US are the purview of the states. Each state has different laws and different standards.

Most states require a license application, a waiting period (occasionally there may be blood tests required) and a ceremony (either civil or religious). Once the license is issued, the officiant of the ceremony will sign the marriage license and it has to be returned to the issuing county for filing. When the signed license is filed with the state, the marriage is considered to be valid.

4. Momosboy

Well, THAT kinda sucks. Why do they need blood tests? That right there sounds weird, and more than a little fishy. Besides, why the heck would I need a piece of paper to say "I'm married"? A ring already does that!

5. LD579

Um... A marriage is legal when it's done officially. It's legitimate when you both care for each other. Sex may or may not be a factor. There is no time limit or anything.

6. KaraBulut

The tests are usually for STDs.

A marriage is more than just a ring from a legal perspective.

7. biggayguy

I do know you can get an annulment if the marriage hasn't been consummated. That just means that legally the marriage never happened.

8. Momosboy

Personally, I've always hated annulments. My advice for anyone wanting to get married? Make SURE it's with the one your with. Ask as many questions as you can. Also, sometimes, you'll just know, y'know?