1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritalin rebound or something else?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tetraquark, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Over the past week or so the amount of time I've spent fantasizing has gradually increased. Then today I spent upwards of 5 hours doing nothing but stare into space and think -- not messing around on the computer, not watching anime, not reading, not working, nothing. It feels like I could do it for at least 5 more hours, too. I haven't zoned out this much since high school. Nothing outside of my head is able to hold my attention for more than a few minutes, even things I typically enjoy, let alone work.

My therapist recently suggested that I might have ADD, and when I brought this up to my psychiatrist, she agreed that it would be worth trying Ritalin (or, rather, the generic replacement for it). So far I haven't really noticed any changes other than potentially rebound in the form of the symptoms described above. [Edit: These symptoms started around the time the Ritalin should have worn off.]

The thing is, I can't tell whether these symptoms are a part of rebound or not. All the resources I've found are geared toward rebound in children who experience hyperactivity (I'm adult who primarily suffers from inattention). My question, then, is whether rebound can also be associated with a worsening of inattention and not just hyperactivity and irritability. Does anyone have experience with this?

#1 Tetraquark, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  2. TraceElement

I was on Ritalin for a while. I definately noticed when it started to wear off... I would be finishing up my documentation at work and blankly stare at a random spot on the wall or at a paper. I would'n't consider it worrisome, but mention it at your next appointment.