1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is best lube for anal play?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by OrangeE, Jul 2, 2013.

1. OrangeE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The other day i was getting fingered by my fwb when i started getting painful intense burning from my ass ontop of the pleasure to the point where we had to stop. It was fine using saliva, but the on-hand lube was flavored juicy lube from Anne Summers and a Durex purple bottle that he said was numbing and good for anal, but i suspect from the burning it either got in a cut or i had an intolerance to something in it - although we have both used the AS lube for oral/vaginal sex in the past and he said he had used the purple stuff for anal before.

So what is the best lube for anal play/sex?

2. Chrissouth53

Personally I found KY jell (not the liquid) the best. It's thicker and longer lasting.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think KY works well, and lasts a long time.

I also like the lube from Bad Dragon, because it looks like and has the consistency of cum. It's more liquidy, but a lot of fun. And it's also water based.

I tend to avoid silicone based lubes, as they seem much harder to clean up, and have more of an oily feel.

4. yidnah87

The best lube for anal play? Anything water-based. Do not use anything oil-based, as it can erode the rubber of a condom. And of course you should be using a condom every time.

Personally, I've never noticed much of a difference between lubes.

5. DeanIsHome

6. KaraBulut

There's really two things to think about:
    1. Condom safety
    2. Personal preference/allergies

For safety and clean-up, water-based lubes are the most practical choice. Water-based lubes are condom safe.

Silicone-based lubes are also condom safe but can be difficult to wash out of the sheets.

Oil-based lubes should not be used with condoms.

If you are using toys but no real-life penis, then you can use most lubes. The only restriction is that that silicone-based lubes shouldn't be used with silicone toys. There's been some reports that cheaper rubber toys may be damaged by oil-based lubes.

Some people are sensitive to ingredients in lubes. "Warming lubes" and desensitizing lubes are not a good idea for most guys since you're more likely to be sensitive to the extra ingredients and they can cause an uncomfortable sensation during sex.

The thickness and viscosity makes a difference- some people like the more "glide" feeling lubes while others want lubes that don't dry out quickly. You may want to buy a lube sampler pack on the internet and just try a few out to see which you like.

There's also another discussion here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/11240-lube-recommendations.html