1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning My Label

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by QuietIntrovert, Jul 4, 2013.

1. QuietIntrovert

I hate labels and as far as I'm concerned love is love. But I'm having a mini crisis. If I had to label myself, I would be straight. I've always been attracted to men for as long as I can remember. As I've gotten older (mid-teens to present, currently 23), I have fantasized about female celebrities and women in general. No one I know, just made up women. I was told most women have girl crushes and its just a fantasy, not an indicator that you actually want to be with a woman romantically. I have always been much much more attracted to men, so I never questioned my sexual orientation until recently. I realized that while I have been emotionally attracted to all my past boyfriends (including my current one), I have not been physically/sexually attracted to them. Which leaves me unsure.

Am I just dating the wrong men? Because I've been physically attracted to random men or male friends. And while I like the idea of sex, I am not really fond of the reality of sex with a man or woman. I much prefer the fantasy of it. I'm a virgin, so I've never had a sexual experience with anyone other than myself. I'm just left incredibly confused.

2. LD579

Maybe you're just not that much of a sexual person. Maybe you need to develop stronger feelings for someone before you get a sexual desire towards them. For labels, that'd either be demisexual or asexual or something similar. Sounds like labels aren't for you, though. If you read up on those terms I mentioned, though, they may strike some chords with you.

3. MerBear

You could be be heteroromantic