1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I attracted to women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FucSoc, Jul 6, 2013.

1. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

Hey i'm 16 years old female and i'm really confused and not sure if i'm bisexual or not.
    I'm not native English speaker, so I hope you will understand me properly

I know for sure that I attracted to men but i'm not sure if I attracted to women as well.
    Since seventh grade I started to enjoy seeing two women together(like kissing), sometimes when I see a man and a woman kissing, I just want to be the man in that moment(and be with that woman). And I had a dream that I was a man and I kissed a Woman.
    I ignored this attraction for women because it happened to me only with characters from movies and TV series, and I never felt attraction to woman in my real life.
    But this year something really strange happened.. I met a woman, 29 years old, and after a half year I started to feel really strange feelings for her. :icon_ques
    I noticed that I think about her a lot, she has a big impact on my mood, I really really REALLY happy when we talk, sometimes my heart beating fast when I see her, I think she is amazing and beautiful, I love her smile and I always want to be around her.. also I sometimes get jealous when she with other people. It took me a while, but in the end I understood that I have feelings for her :bang:
    Do you think that maybe she is the only woman that I will be attracted to in my real life?
    its not makes sence to me that i'm attracted to women because I never felt an attraction to woman that I saw in my real life. And when I do attracted to woman, she is bigger than me 13 years old!
    Additionally, when I see a good-looking man, I notice him. but I almost don't notice when there is a beautiful woman around me..
    ( lately I began to put some attention, but I'm sure it's because of my preoccupation with the subject)
    And it's weird for me to think about me with other woman.. it's feel a little unnatural and good at the same time

I'm not trying to deny. At this point, I really don't care if it turns out I am a bisexual! I think it will be even relief because it will explain so many things that was and still on my mind

#1 FucSoc, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. LinkLarkin

It seems to me as though you've been pushing away the feelings you've had towards women on television/films etc., which is a sort of denial even if you weren't too uncomfortable with it. If you are bisexual, then this women could just be your first crush on a female and it doesn't make sense to assume that it will be your "only" one. I think you should probably give it more time, stop denying that you find certain females attractive, and you will either come to the conclusion that you don't like females as much as you thought, or you will find that as you are more open with yourself then your feelings will intensify and you can classify yourself as bisexual after all! Good luck.

3. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sounds VERY familiar to how I first realized I was bi. I was attracted to women on TV, Movies, etc. Then I became attracted to an old women, (I was probably 17, and she was like 38 or so). I ignored it, but then about a year later I was attracted to another woman (this time I was probably 19 and she was 22). And as I kept getting attracted to more and more women I then started going to an LGBTQ Support group at my college and realized I was bi. I'm not saying your situation will turn out like mine, but just thought I would share my experience with you.

If I were you I would just not put a label on things for now, and just be attracted to whoever you are attracted to. Then at some point you will figure things out more clearly. You are young, so you still have a lot of time to figure it out. :slight_smile:

4. Key09

That's me, almost a year ago *and till now*
    me too, also attracted to women on TV and i thought it was normal to be a fan of a girl idol or singer. Until some time later, i begin to read fanfiction and stuff like that and attracted to it. Later on, i become really really comfortable around my girl friends and i even flirt with them *they thought it was a joke*. Until one day i found this girl who later becomes my best friend till now *yes, a mainstream story about someone who has feelings for their bestfriend*. at first i thought it was just a friendship and i hypnotized myself that i'm straight but somehow she has something that attracts my attention and believe it or not, i do find myself blushing and having this weird butterfly in stomach thing whenever our faces are really damn close. but then i denied it and i had a boyfriend once but it ended up not well because i don't have this certain feeling for him. in the end, i always find myself imagining things about what will it be like if i have a girlfriend or if i ever come out.

but now, i don't wanna think about it and just live my life until i find the right person for me. i don't care about their gender as long as you have this so called feeling called love. so, why don't you just live your life first and think about it later ?

5. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

Thank you all for your comments! It really helps me to read your opinions and I really should stop thinking about all these labels because I started to think about it all day long.
    I 'm just going to try to live my life without thinking about it so much and at some point I'm sure I will figure it out.
    Again- thank you so much