1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends, or more? Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by beth43, Jul 6, 2013.

1. beth43

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone,

I just joined this site because I am seeking advice and have no one in my life that I feel comfortable talking to about this recent experience:

I have only ever dated men, but I've always been attracted to women as well. However, I have never been intimate with a woman, aside from the occasional drunk make-out.

Recently I have become close with a female friend, we'll call her R. I was attracted to her the moment we met, and wondered what it would be like to be with her sexually. She insists she's straight, so I have never made a move. We have been hanging out a lot lately, and text all the time. In a way, it almost feels like we're dating.

A few days ago, R and I went out dancing together, and in the heat of the moment, had a hot and heavy make-out session. I did not want to stop. Later that night, we cuddled in her bed, but nothing more happened.

I really don't know if this meant anything to her, and if it did, what to do about it. The last thing I want to do is ruin our friendship in any way. I am afraid that if I try to have an open conversation with her about it, and she is not at all interested, then it will make things awkward between us.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--Beth

2. My Simple Song

Out Status:
    Some people
    It seems to me as if you are bicurious at this point in your life, the real questions you need to ask yourself is did you like making out with her or was there no sparks? Are you ready to change a preconceived stigma about yourself and is she? and would you mind if you dated her?. The only real way to see if she is interested in the same sex is to come out to her that you are interested in women and men to allow her to not be ostracized or outcasted and then ask "would you date a woman?" rather than the asking about her sexuality as she may have not yet come to the realization yet and while it might make things awkward temporarily its best to know the truth rather than wondering... if not then take her for her word and put your eggs in another basket if you so choose...