1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear and Uncertainty

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by spockbach, Jul 7, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel so fed up. I don't know what I am. I know I like girls; I think I like guys. I don't know if I'm bi or lesbian or what. I keep hearing my mom's voice in my head telling me that I'm not bi; I must be straight: she just "doesn't see that" for me. :frowning2: Her voice is strong. I'm scared. I have no idea how I'm supposed to see myself. Help, please?

2. CuriousBunny

I just consider it love, no label needed. For now, while you're still discovering yourself, don't use a label. When you're sure of which gender(s) you like, then come out.

3. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've come out to a few folks as bi, but I'm just ... like, I don't even know why; I'm just scared. I think I might be gay. I've thought that for a while. I feel, though, like I SHOULD be straight. Then every time I try to call myself straight I feel panicked, like, IhavetoIhavetoIhaveto. It's the weirdest thing. :/

4. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Accept yourself for who you are. Love is truly gender blind, it just...knows no bounds, and people have a hard time understanding that. Someone put you here for a reason, and your awesome for it. :slight_smile: You are.

I forced myself into a relationship with a girl one time to prove to myself I was straight, and to make sure that my family wouldn't find out because I was scared (and still am...a little) I was scared about what they might think and how they might look at me differently. Long story short...I broke her heart and ended up in the same mess I started with. The feelings I wanted to "prove" were just something else, were still there. Please, just love yourself. The more and more you "prove" to yourself that your straight, the more heartache you'll have. Just love yourself, because your an awesome person, and you don't deserve to have your feelings scrunched up. It will take some time, but you'll get it.

As long as you listen to what makes you happy, you really don't have to worry about anything else :slight_smile:

5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your post made my whole morning. :slight_smile:

6. Wolf runner

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad, if you have any more concerns, just ask :slight_smile:

7. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Aw, thank you!