1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Gay People Get This?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Musician, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Musician

Hey all,

I have battled with HOCD to the point where because of my anxiety and probably over-inflated sexual feelings (meaning I made more out of them than I wanted it due to the anxiety, though I was never happy with it!), I came out as minimum bi, and maximum gay. Lately, I've been happy though, and all I want is to fuck girls. I've been even having sex with my lady everyday and she's been talking about doing a threesome with another girl or two for a while. I LOVE this idea.

So my question, do gay people experience such lust for women at all? I've always lusted for women, except during my HOCD period, which was a living hell, emotionally. This kind of hints to me that emotionally and romantically (which is linked to my personal healthy sexuality, and not to one of I guess a gay person, who's healthy sexuality would be to men), I am into women.

But, I am curious about a cock. It kind of attracts me a little. And I consider that a part of healthy sexuality too, on a personal level. But I don't like the male body like that of a woman, and that isn't just sexual. It's more spiritual. The woman's body signifies sexual love, whereas the man's cock is fun too, but not the man's body. A man's body relates to a friendly thing, but not love, love, like with a woman.

So, do gay people think the way that I do? I'm just wondering because I'd like to learn more about myself. In my peace of mind, I love being the way I am, and honestly, I'm thinking I'm a Kinsey 1, Kinsey 2, at most. Life takes strange turns sometimes.

Cheers, guys/gals

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you have yourself pretty well figured out.

As someone who is gay, I can tell you categorically that, to me, a woman's body does NOT signify sexual love and, in contrast, a man's body (all of him) does, including the "friendly thing".

Not much more to say...

3. Rainbow Music

First of all what is HOCD? Second of all, I know that I don't have any lust for women.

4. Musician

HOCD is a living hell. It's basically when you have obsessive thoughts whether you are turning gay or not (I've spoken to gay people who are just as concerned about turning straight and losing their orientation), but the anxiety gives you movement in your genitals and you think you are being aroused by men. With the anxiety, there is no peace of mind to be attracted to woman (for a straight guy), and you think you are gay, but it feels emotionally not that right, because you probably aren't gay. But you are so depressed and anxious, there is no peace of mind to be turned on emotionally or even that sexually to women, so you lose your mind, and your body and mind go in obsessive cycles. This can go on for months and years. I've spoken to people who have had this for years. I had this obsession for over a year, and the emotional hell is exactly that, hell. But, before that, I was completely hetero, and I feel completely hetero now. At least in the sense that Kinsey 1-2 is hetero. Of course, almost all of us have some degree of bisexuality. But I feel like my predominantly hetero self again. The reason I am on this forum is that while I was unsure, I was just testing the "gay" waters. But I see that I love women, and they make me happy. Men, well, sure, why not? But, women are for me. Just the way that men are for you, Rainbow Music :slight_smile:

Also, thanks for the reply Monsieur Whale.

5. AKTodd

As far as my libido is concerned women don't even exist.

Todd

6. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel absolutely no attraction to women... in fact I kissed a girl before I came out and literally had to go to the bathroom and throw up...out of disgust... i think you may be bi or even straight because it sounds like you think of gay sex just as any straight guy would.

7. Lewis

Everyone is different. I don't think you can compare your own individual sexuality to somebody else's. I'm sure there are many guys that are predominantly gay that find some or even one woman attractive (or fall for them) in their lifetime.

8. Blanket

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Oh wow, I totally experienced HOCD a week ago! I'm so glad it's a real thing and I wasn't just going insane.
    For about a week I felt exactly what Musician described. However, I'm fairly certain it was brought on by stopping birth control pills. I read that when you stop taking the artificial hormones it can cause anxiety, which I already have trouble with.
    Now I'm okay with myself again, though.

9. fox4747

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    For what it's worth, I am also going through what I believe is HOCD. I feel exactly the same way about it. It is hard to find girls attractive in the same way when your mind is looking at is very logically. Attractions isn't logical, and attraction isn't a choice. There are guys out there who become attracted to women far far older than them, it's not a choice.

I am glad you posted this, because it is good to know that someone is going through exactly the same thing I am. It has only been bothering me for a month or so though.