1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what does that make me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lilly storm, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Here's my situation:

I'm attracted to women. I think about being with women. I look at women in public. I look at pics of women when I masturbate. I think about women in terms of romantic attachment, and i yearn for a girlfriend. But sometimes I have a craving to have sex with a man, no emotional attachment, just sex. What does that make me? Is that bi? I guess I thought that being bi meant you could have a relationship with either gender. So I'm confused.

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Have you ever heard of the Kinsey Scale? You should look that up.

3. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks. I do know about the Kinsey scale but I haven't really been able to get anything out of it. Usually when people talk about bisexual they mean that a person can either have sex with either gender and or they can have a romantic relationship with either gender. I think I could have sex with either gender but not a romantic relationship. That's where I'm left confused. I hope that makes sense.

4. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would have to say that this might make you a Kinsey 5 lesbian
    [​IMG]

There are two types of attraction, sexual, and emotional.
    From what you've said, you experience both of these attractions in women, but also, you only, on occasion, experience the sexual attraction to a man.

With this in mind, to identify yourself, to me, it would seem to have a successful relationship, it would be with another woman, and not with a male, sex based relationships are not good for either partners.

If I were in your situation, I'd just identify myself as a lesbian and save the trouble of explaining everything, but, when yo do find a partner, after a while, you might want to explain your kinsey scale, so that they know, it's better that you tell them that her accidentally find a picture of a nude guy on your computer.

5. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for your input. What you say makes sense! I guess what has made it really confusing for me is that my reaction to men is off and on... It's not reliable. Well, so now that I have a better idea of what is going on with me I can move on to more important things... Like when am I going to get a girlfriend?! :slight_smile:

6. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You sound like you could be a homo-romantic bisexual? As in you can be romantically attracted to girls only but sexually attracted to both genders.