1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mayorofzephyr, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mayorofzephyr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, emptyclosets! I made account here to ask this and maybe stay.
    Okay, here's my story. I'm 13 and a half (14 in December) and I know I likea lot of girls and some guys. I'm bisexual. However, since I was little I've always felt more like a boy than a girl. I've never really been comfortable being a girl (my birth sex) and have always really wanted to be a boy and wished I was born a boy. Recently I've been putting on my brother's clothes and walking around the house in them when my parents aren't at the house, and may I say I feel a lot better in those than my actual clothes. I hate my real name, Katie. If I was given the option to magically become a boy, I'd accept in a heart beat.
    Do I sound transgender? :help:
    Thanks, Katie

2. Amerigo

first of all, welcome to EC (*hug*)

it sounds like you definitely have a problem with the gender you've been assigned with, and that it's causing you significant discomfort. whilst i can't relate you your issue, i have read of many similar experiences to yours. i'm certain you'll find fellow transgender or questioning folks on here who can help you to deal and work with these feelings :slight_smile:. to me, you sound like you may be 'more like a boy than a girl'.

3. TheMightyBoosh

Hey there (*hug*)

I know how you feel, I used to do that too with my older brothers clothes.
    It wasn't I didn't like femininity because actually I am quite feminine. :slight_smile:
    This sounds to me you really do wish you were a guy.. and uggh I know a magic wand that could make that possible... reading your post reminds me of myself when I was 13/14

Feel free to talk to me btw :newcolor:

Give yourself some time, If it feels right then it is right.
    :thewave:

:welcome: Welcome to EC

[​IMG]

4. mayorofzephyr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ugh, everything is so confusing.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey, welcome to EC.

I've been in the same boat. Been wanting to be a boy since I was a kid, spent years in denial and trying to convince myself (in vain) otherwise. I'm somewhat feminine (though not sure how much of that was me playing femme or legitimately me) myself, but I remember feeling something like that at 13/14, wondering why I couldn't just be better at being a woman. (I remember doing the same with my brother's clothes as a kid, recently have done the same with my dad's. :"\)

It's confusing. Frustrating. But give it time- The doubting might not cease for a while but if you want to be a man and identify as one, go for it. Find a name that fits, see if you perfer being percieved as male (that was my biggest red flag for me).

So best of luck and you're free to wall message me if you have any questions/etc.