1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mixed signals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mikey34, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do i convince myself that even though im gay its alright for me to think women are attractive from afar? I have no desire to date a woman. Its just that i notice hot women on tv. Ive already concinced my self im gay because i dont get sexually excited off women like i do men. Youre probably going to say im bi but at this stage in my life i think im more gay because attraction is stronger with men. I always thought i was straight as a child but i never had a strong attraction to women which is why i believe im gay . Im fine with that i just get really frustrated with these mixed signals. If you look at my past posts ive made great strides in accepting myself as a gay man. I know they say its not a choice but i kinda feel like for me it is.

2. WhoAmI26

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Why do you have to have a firm label? If you're really attracted to men, you're going to want and go after men. Intermittent appreciation of the attraction of certain women from afar won't change that. It could just mean that you're gay but have some weak attractions for women from time to time.

3. LD579

I don't know how you can convince yourself, but I guess I could say that noticing attractive people doesn't mean you necessarily like them in that way. For example, I have this absurdly pretty girl friend that I hung out with a few days ago.

I kind of thought to myself a few times, Wow, she's really pretty. It must be weird to be alone with her, 'cause people might think we're a couple. It was as simple and detached as that.