1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by nepeta, Jul 11, 2013.

1. nepeta

well um, when i was younger (ages 5-10) i didn't really know it was possible to like the same gender... i didn't know it was even possible and if i did, i though it was very taboo. and i had crushes on boys and such. and around a year ago i don't know, I started viewing boys diffrently (i'm female by the way) (also no offence to boys, but) that they were dirty and... unclean and i don't know now my opinion on females is changing and i never really had much attraction to females but now i don't know if maybe it is just like a phase like people say. people say that like they felt attraction to the same sex even when they were little, but i never did. but now i think i may be attracted, i'm not sure, and i'm just very confused. i'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

2. OneLittlePoet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When it comes to sexual orientation, some people know when they're little, some people realize it around puberty, and some realize it even later than that. When you realize it isn't what matters, because what matters is accepting yourself and loving other people the way that feels natural to you. It never even crossed my mind that I could be a lesbian until around middle school (a couple years ago), because I had assumed that I was straight, and because I thought I just wasn't interested in dating in general. When it comes down to it, you need to learn to understand what you feel; not over think it, but acknowledge what you're feeling, and see what identity develops from it.