1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by unknown17050, Jul 12, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It is really confusing now, I just realized the possibilities are endless at this point, I realized I am now somewhat attracted to Androgynous women which I have no issue of. But I think I might be somewhat interested in feminine boys as well. :eek: I recently saw a picture of a dude who is so femenine, you'd actually think he's a chick; and I thought that too for a second until I read the description and realized he is a dude and he identifies as such.

I was unsure why I kept coming back to that photo; the look was just... weird; I recently woke up this morning and realized that I was thinking about him specifically, having sex; and lastly getting hard to the thought! I immediately knew that something is up, I am typing this shortly after it happened, I am trying to clear my mind right now in trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. I'm not saying that homosexuality is wrong, but if I am specifically attracted to THIS person in particular because other men types don't seem to turn me on, like muscle men, you get the idea, but muscular women and other types have turned me on before in the past; so it is weird. Could it be just this particular man or, is there more to it. It is hard to concentrate right now. But I need some help and practically therapy is out of the question as my therapist is terrible.

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Bumping for the sake of finding just ANY explanation.

3. WhoAmI26

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You may feel anxiety about your attraction, and that is making you feel "weird" about it and amplifying the feeling. Maybe it's so new to you that it is making you blow everything out of proportion. I wouldn't overthink it.

4. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm really starting to wonder at this point if I am either straight with some Bi tendencies (like a 1 or 2 on kinsey scale) or Bisexual all together. I know for a fact I cannot be gay exclusively because of my crushes on women. Heck, I think I might even have a new flame.

5. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Bumping one last time. -_-

6. srslywtf

I say don't worry about what it 'means' for now... just explore the feelings and see what happens to them over time.

There's certainly nothing wrong with feeling that way.

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in terms of labels, you might be bisexual with a preference for gender variant people.

8. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Is there a possibility that people can mentally suppress their attraction towards another sex to the point where it is not even noticeable until deep consideration of ones true orientation? If so; could it be possible for me to be such a case?

9. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Bumping one last time. my question will be my last post.

10. Lunarchy

Here is the question for you, why do you need to categorize yourself? What does it matter if you are straight, gay, bi, or other, you like who you like, and that makes you what you are, does it matter if you know the name for it? So far you can name a single man you like, now if you start finding yourself liking others then maybe you are truly bi, if not, maybe it is just the person. In the end, what we call ourselves is just a word, I still call myself a lesbian, and I have a not-so-secret crush on Tom Hanks, but other then that, I just don't connect with men on the same level I do with woman. Everyone's sexuality is unique to them.

11. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Mostly for the fact of knowing what I am, I did not start the questioning until sometime in May and I thought I had myself all together, but then I started to question; "What if your failure to be with a woman is a sign you're gay?" and it made me realize maybe I don't know myself as much as I thought, which is why I want to figure myself out; I want to know what and who I am completely!

12. AKTodd

What if you were to come at this from a different direction?

Imagine you were traveling to another country or part of the world and came across an item of food or drink that, based on everything you'd done or encountered in your life up to that point, you would never imagine yourself wanting to try. Maybe something made from insects (a big chunk of the planets population eats various kind you know) or the like. Much to your surprise, when you encounter a particular dish you find the smell and/or the presentation to be mouthwatering. So now you are at the point of deciding whether you want to actually taste this new food or not. If you decide to taste it, you may like it a lot or not at all or something in between, but you probably aren't going to think of your response as redefining who or what you are as a person. It's just food after all.

Your situation seems very similar IMHO. If you have an attraction for a certain combination of traits, then you just do. Doesn't change who you are as a person, just means you're a person whose tastes include various things, including what you've described here. So the question becomes, do you try this new thing that seems to appeal to you and maybe discover something new that you will really like (although that's not guaranteed, but if you try it and dont like it, you dont need to try it again) or do you let society's opinions (about food or whatever) control you?

My 2c worth,

Todd