1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RavenAthena, Jul 13, 2013.

1. RavenAthena

Hi....I just joined so I'm not entirely sure how this works, but I'm really confused right now and was hoping I could find some answers. I'm not sure if I'm Lesbian or Bi or just confused...or what.

Here and there throughout the past year or two I've sort of had passing thoughts that weren't...straight, but I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it. A few weeks ago I was on Twitter just flitting through random accounts, when I came across one of those bad accounts, where the creeps post nude pictures, and I realized how disgusted I was at the thought of having sex with a man and just...disgusted with male anatomy in general. I thought about it a lot more, and while I'm disgusted at the thought of doing anything sexual with a guy, the idea of being with a girl doesn't bother me at all, and I was (& I feel very awkward talking about this) turned on by it. I've had a slight crush or two on a couple guys before in the past, though. And I say guys are cute. I don't mind the idea of going on a date or hugging or cuddling with a guy or anything, but I cannot imagine myself being with a guy sexually. It just repulses me. Now, until recently I've never had a 'crush' on a girl. (Unless you count the one I had when I was 3) But lately around my best friend (girl, obviously) I act like I have a crush on her, yknow, the fluttery feeling and all that. Not to mention I've REALLY wanted to kiss her on more than one occasion. I don't mind the thought of both aspects of a relationship when it comes to girls, unlike with guys. One other thing, I'm only 14 and people say you question your sexuality and all that crap when your young and stuff, so I am just doing that? Am I too young to decide this stuff right now?

I'm really sorry if this didn't make any sense or is jumbled up, but that's the way my head is right now! :confused:

2. Lunarchy

You could very well be gay. Being gay doesn't necessarily mean you have to dislike men, and I know some guys that I could say I would definitely cuddle and go on dates with, but all through my teen years I found myself in a similar situation as you. The best thing you can do is to wait and see how you feel, and maintain an open mind. Date both guys and girls you like until you find a person, or even a gender, you prefer, and don't let yourself be pressured either way, obviously some people will pressure you to be straight, but some lesbians cam try and pressure you to be gay as well, the only person who can discover your sexuality is you! ^)^

3. Kamina

I totally agree^

Now I'll give my 2cents just because! (!)
    The feelings you are describing are what I initially felt a little while ago, like 1-2 months. My decision to identify as lesbian/gay/Kinsey 5 moved pretty quickly mostly because I personally figured out pretty quickly that any feelings i have ever had for guys were kinda forced in a pathetic effort to fit in, oh yes... I was that kid. :lol: not any more thank god!

So thats how it was for me but it will definitially be different for you. You will figure it out all in good time, hell you are younger than me!! :wink: Also I don't know if this will help you at all but, I love guys, I get along great with guys, I can find a guy attractive.. but I'm not attracted to them, and there's nothing wrong with that so like Lunarchy said, don't pressure yourself into being one way or another! we are all many shades of the rainbow! :lol:

4. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    You are definitely not to young. I am younger than you ( a few days before i turn 14) and i came out for the first time yesterday. Everyone discovers there own sexuality at their own rate. Welcome to EC(*hug*)