1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to be both male and female?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by veronicaslolita, Jul 14, 2013.

1. veronicaslolita

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK, biologically I'm male and I accept. I am out as bisexual and comfortable with sexual orientation. However I'm not sure if I'm male or female:

Why I'm Male:

- I have the body parts

- I enjoy men's clothes and feel comfortable with what I wear

- The voice in my head is sometimes male

- I don't mind being called him/he, and have never wanted to pass as a female.

- Enjoy video games and stereotypically male geeky things.

- I prefer my penis over a vagina.

- I feel God gave me this body as a gift and so he wants me to be a man. Or at least a woman who gets to be born in a man's body, so I can have higher social advantages etc.

Why I'm Female:

- I have a woman's figure shape (quite curvy for a guy!)

- I always used to believe I was a girl as a child. Used to play 'girly games' with my sister and did make-up.

- The voice in my head is mostly female.

- The sonographer told my parents I'd be a girl when I was born. Coincidence?

- I have a female brain and any psychology experiments (done for fun or serious) identify me as a female.

- I want to be in a straight boy-girl relationship where I'm the girl.

- I am envious of girls and would love to have long hair, wear girls clothes (but only if I had the body for it, so I don't want to be a transvestite)

- I enjoy being female characters in video games compared to being a guy. I also take a shine to a female character in a movie/book. Nearly all of my idols, favourite musicians are female.

- I rarely hang out with guys, and I'm very sensitive and my behaviour is seen as tough but girly.

So, that's the two sides to the story. Some days I'd be 80% male and 20% female, others I'd identify as 50-50, and sometimes 60% female and 40% male.

What should I do? What am I?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's possible that you are bigender. Is that how you feel? That's totally okay. I feel that way.....

One thing I thought was a little ocncerning was kind of problematic was your remark about how God wants you to be a woman in a man's body so that you can enjoy male privilege. We need to eliminate male privilege, not cooperate or bargain with it so that we can enjoy those advantages. I'm not saying you're sexist, but I think it's worth thinking about if you think men have social advantages (and you're right, they do), it seems like that's a situation to rectify, not a "blessing to count."

3. earthlvr510

4. justjade

Hey, dude. You sound a lot like me. You might be genderfluid like me, or you could be an androgyne. Just depends on how you feel. Anyway, I copied and pasted your post but changed it to fit me to show you what I'm talking about.

Why I'm Female:

- I have the body parts

- I enjoy wearing a dress and heels sometimes.

- I don't mind being called her/she.

- Enjoy fashion magazines and dressing up.

- I'm pretty OK with having a vagina.

- I feel somewhat privileged to have a female body because then I can be with men and experience some of the perks of being female, like multiple orgasms. Plus, I do not want to have anal sex.

Why I'm Male:

- I have a masculine figure: Broad shoulders, straight hips, very thin and lean.

- I always used to believe I was a boy as a child. Used to play 'boy games' with my friends and was very active.

- I have a male brain and any psychology experiments (done for fun or serious) identify me as a male.

- I want to be the man in the relationship.

- I am envious of boys and would love to have muscles and a deeper voice.

- I enjoy being male characters in video games compared to being a girl. I also take a shine to a male character in a movie/book. Nearly all of my idols, favourite musicians are male.

- I rarely hang out with girls, and I'm very insensitive and brash, and my behaviour is seen as cold and rational, although a bit goofy at times.

- My speech patterns are pretty masculine.

- I prefer being called him/he/sir.

And I'm adding this next part:

Why I'm non-gender-specific:

- The voice in my head is neither a male nor a female voice.

- When I dream, I'm not usually in a gender-specific body.

- The way I dress is not specific to one gender; I wear a mix of guys' and girls' clothes.

- Who I am doesn't fit into society's tiny, neatly-labeled boxes.

So there you have it. You might be genderfluid. Hit me up on my wall if you want someone to talk to. I wish you the best. (*hug*)

#4 justjade, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  5. Loofah

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the problems is that society believes in the gender binary, however there are more then just male and female. There is Agender, Bigender, Genderfluid, Two Spirit, and so much more. Plus even within the traditional gender binary, there is sooooo much grey area. There is rarely a "truly" masculine man or feminine woman. Most of the time if someone is all the way on one side they stand out as being odd in people's minds. The reality is that most people have a mix of masculine and feminine qualities. People are people, and so are you. :slight_smile:

Male<---------------------|--------------------->Female

It's a spectrum.

It sounds to me like before you can figure out who you are, you need to figure out what gender as a whole, is. Most people aren't taught gender in school, they are taught sex and even then it's quite minimal.